TTORA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this may be a dumb question but on my 97 v6 manual tranny where is the dran plug?? also where is the filler hole??? sorry for the dumb questions, im gonna change my tranny fluid tomorrow and just want to have a good picture in my head b4 i do it.. also what should i put in there??? i have heard redline.. what weight

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
yota18 said:
this may be a dumb question but on my 97 v6 manual tranny where is the dran plug?? also where is the filler hole??? sorry for the dumb questions, im gonna change my tranny fluid tomorrow and just want to have a good picture in my head b4 i do it.. also what should i put in there??? i have heard redline.. what weight
I'd recommend amsoil before redline although both good products. If you want stop by and we can do it at myplace or I could show you.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sounds good, i will give ya a call as soon as i buy the stuff, maybe we can do it tomorrow after ur off work if not tha\ts ok
chris

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
The fill plug is on the drivers side, about halfway up the tranny in the middle. The drain plug is on the otherside of the tranny near the bottom.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Tankota said:
The fill plug is on the drivers side, about halfway up the tranny in the middle. The drain plug is on the otherside of the tranny near the bottom.
thx, I have an auto so I need to look at the manual tranny to tell. At least this time I have a little pump thingy (kinky?!?!?) to fill back up. much easier and less messy.

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts

·
Premium Member
527 Posts

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
grumpy said:
thx, I have an auto so I need to look at the manual tranny to tell. At least this time I have a little pump thingy (kinky?!?!?) to fill back up. much easier and less messy.
The auto is just a bit diffrent ya know.. :D

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
mrbigbri said:
I thought that guy over-reacted when he pulled the plug on the whole thing.

Brian
He probably got a call from Toyota Publishing's legal dept. ;)

·
Premium Member
527 Posts
mrbigbri said:
Haha, did you host the whole thing or just that page? Either way, I thought that guy over-reacted when he pulled the plug on the whole thing.

Brian
I plead the 5th.. Big Brother may be watching.. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts