TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well Santa brought me a 15lbs Powertank for Christmas because someone absolutely hates waiting for me to air up.....

Anyways, just wondering where in town does everyone else go to get their CO2 tanks filled up?

·
1,083 Posts
Off topic drift warning...

Scot, how do you plan to secure that tank in your rig? I'm making plans for drawers etc. for my cargo area and am trying to figure out where all the crap that needs to go...goes :)

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Off topic drift warning...

Scot, how do you plan to secure that tank in your rig? I'm making plans for drawers etc. for my cargo area and am trying to figure out where all the crap that needs to go...goes :)
It comes with a pretty solid mounting bracket that will allow you to mount it horizontally or vertically. Ideally I'd like to mount it vertical so that I can use it while it is mounted in the vehicle. The problem is I have the 15lbs tank which is about 30 inches tall. I too want to get a drawer system built, so when I do, it may be too tall to mount vertically on top of the drawers.

For now I am going to mount it vertically by the right rear wheel well. In the future when I get drawers I'll probably mount it horizontally which means I'll have to unhook it and take it out everytime I use it as it is best to use c02 vertically to avoid freeze.

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
It comes with a pretty solid mounting bracket that will allow you to mount it horizontally or vertically. Ideally I'd like to mount it vertical so that I can use it while it is mounted in the vehicle. The problem is I have the 15lbs tank which is about 30 inches tall. I too want to get a drawer system built, so when I do, it may be too tall to mount vertically on top of the drawers.

For now I am going to mount it vertically by the right rear wheel well. In the future when I get drawers I'll probably mount it horizontally which means I'll have to unhook it and take it out everytime I use it as it is best to use c02 vertically to avoid freeze.

We mounted mine to the floor on the drivers side, by the back hatch. Had to drill holes in the floor, but it seemed better and more secure than mounting it to the plastic interior panels. :saw::welder:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We mounted mine to the floor on the drivers side, by the back hatch. Had to drill holes in the floor, but it seemed better and more secure than mounting it to the plastic interior panels. :saw::welder:
Thats exactly what I had planned.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I fill mine up at the same place cruiser97 does.

I plan on mounting mine to the floor as well.

·
YOTAPHILIC
201 Posts
Give these guys a try. They do fire supression systems. Simplex Grinnell LP‎ 1110 Palms Airport Drive, Las Vegas, NV‎
I think they charged me 10 or 15 bucks.

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Give these guys a try. They do fire supression systems. Simplex Grinnell LP‎ 1110 Palms Airport Drive, Las Vegas, NV‎

Cool....thanks, that's good to know!!! :D

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts

I just tralked to Jeremiah at Simplex Grinnell. He said that they can fill our bottles for $1.50 per pound for our club. Not sure how that compares to Desert Industrial gas.......but it is a bit closer to those of us on this side of town.:D

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Alright, so I sent over to Simplex Grinnell LP....and to their new location @ 1545 Pama Ln, Las Vegas, NV 89119-3835. Phone # 739-1921.

I was helped by Chris Miller, who is Jeremiah's boss. Didn't meet Jeremiah, as he was at a training class, but Chris was a vey cool guy
He has a Heep.....but is also very invovled in Desert racing with his Banning Motorsports team!!!
So, especially for anyone on this side of town, these are the guys to go to!!!

Fills up your tanks right there on the scale.....so you know that you don't get ripped off!!! They will charge all club members $1.50 per lb.
They also sell complete Co2 systems!!!!!! He carries the Source Co2 bottles and regulators, as well as their own refurbished bottles!!!!!
And, we can get club discounts!!!!!

I'm going to make this thread a Sticky, so as not to get lost!!! :D

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Group buy?

I'm sure that he will, as he already does for a few other clubs around town. I'm can call next week and see what he can do. He also sells to all of the race teams, so I don't think that that would be too much of a big deal for him. :D

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
If he has the right stuff at the right price I probably won't be able to resist ;) My only problem is I'm clueless about CO2 systems :(

What don't you know....or need to know about them?? :confused:

·
Registered
771 Posts
Proceed with caution. Remember CO2 has been declared toxic waste by the current administration. In the future you might have to pay stiff EPA fines if a CO2 filled tire develop a leak (and forget about airing down for a run). Or you might have to buy carbon credits from Al Gore in order to refill the CO2 tank. Hell, they might even go as far as forbidding use of CO2 in tires altogether. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :xcrazy: :xcrazy:

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Proceed with caution. Remember CO2 has been declared toxic waste by the current administration. In the future you might have to pay stiff EPA fines if a CO2 filled tire develop a leak (and forget about airing down for a run). Or you might have to buy carbon credits from Al Gore in order to refill the CO2 tank. Hell, they might even go as far as forbidding use of CO2 in tires altogether. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :xcrazy: :xcrazy:

http://www.treehugger.com/EPA-carbon-dioxide-regulate-first-time.jpg

You always worry too much!!!! I'll take my chances.......don't think we have to worry about it.....really!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:
You always believe what you read!!!! :lmao:

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Like what I need regulator wise, tank size, mounting options, thread sizes, valves etc. I've looked at a few different set ups but guess I never really absorbed what I was looking at. :confused:

You can go to either a fixed 150 psi regulator, or an adjustable one. He carries the oil filled Source regulator as well....really top notch, as good or even better than that used by Power Tank. A bit more expensive, but worth the price IMO.....
He has both, I checked out the oil filled one, it's really nice in person!!! Only saw it on the net before!!
I have an adjustable regulator, but from Ultimate Air. It is nice, but not near as nice or accurate as the Source's!!!!

He also has the mounting brackets like the one I have also, as well as hoses and chucks. They're pretty basic to set up, just need the bottle (filled) a regulator, a hose and a good air chuck and or hand held inflator like the one I got. :D

·
NVTTORA Ex-Prez....
6,442 Posts
Just went back to have my 15# tank refilled by Jeremiah......quick, easy....in and out in a couple of minutes!!!!

This is the only place I use now to get my C0-2 tanks refilled!!!

He is right by the airport.....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
About this Discussion
29 Replies
8 Participants
Ludedude
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing