TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I might be purchasing this light bar from a company on ebay. The only problem is they do not offer it in Chrome. Since I live in Sterling, to my knowledge there is no place to get anything chromed out here. Does anyone know of any places anywhere from Ft. Collins to Denver or even the Colorado Springs area that will chrome the light bar for me and do a good job?

Here is a link to the bumper on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=020&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&viewitem=&item=300147012643&rd=1

The lights I will be putting on my new truck are from my old Tacoma. They are 4 PIAA 80 Series off road lights. Here is a picture of my old Tacoma with the lights on it.

·
Registered
898 Posts
save your money and buy something that serves more of a purpose. drill some holes in your bumper for now for those lights, then get a nice front bumper....or chrome it, if your headed to the malls.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
Specialty Plating Inc
(303) 733-4470
2340 S Delaware St
Denver, CO 80223

They do good work.

Powder coating would a lot easier to take care of and more durable in the end. Or like Troy said, Paint it to match your truck.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Prodigy! I will off road my truck but not do anything too extreme in it. I don't have the time or money to do hard core off roading. I want it chrome because it will look good on the truck. If I paint the light bar black it won't look as good on my truck. If I paint it the same color as the rest of my truck I think that will be too much blue but chrome will look good and should last a long time. I bought my 97' in May of 97' and added the off road lights and bumper less than a year later. When I got rid of the truck 4 years later and 214,000 miles on it the bumper still looked just as new as the day I got it.

And Hank, my truck isn't a mall truck. Heck, we don't even have a mall here in Sterling but I do like my trucks to look nice. Maybe one day down the road after I have gotten used to off roading again and if I have the time and money I will either buy or build a truck for serious rock crawling and off roading but not with this one. It is also my daily driver so I don't want it to get beat up on the trails. I just want to have fun in it.

·
Registered
898 Posts
hey man, im completely stock and its my dd too. im just a prick sometimes. dude, i dont have the money to do extreme wheeling/rock crawling either. but there are some small things to do that really help your wheeling capabilites, whether you wheel a lot or not. i just dont see myself spending money on looks, but then again my truck is a 96 and a little beat up already. whatever floats your boat man. :driving: :fart:

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hey man, im completely stock and its my dd too. im just a prick sometimes. dude, i dont have the money to do extreme wheeling/rock crawling either. but there are some small things to do that really help your wheeling capabilites, whether you wheel a lot or not. i just dont see myself spending money on looks, but then again my truck is a 96 and a little beat up already. whatever floats your boat man. :driving: :fart:
I wasn't offended by what you said. I'm pretty thick skinned and can take some ribbing. Since joining this site it seems many of the trucks are set up for hard core rock crawling and off roading and I thought that maybe you thought that is what I wanted to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts