TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In a couple of months I'm going house hunting around Cape Canaveral. Right now I'm in Colorado Springs. There are lots of nice trails and great local yocals to wheel with. My questions for the move are, "Where's a nice place to live that isn't too far from NASA? I need a 2 bedroom, with or without a garage, and did I mention that I like to surf?", Where are some wheelin' spots? Who's a good Yota mechanic to trust in that area, near Cocoa?, and any other advice on this town and my move will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Try Cocoa Beach. Or Satellite beach which will be a bit cheaper but a longer drive, it is south of Patrick AFB. My mom and my GFs mom used to take thier toys to this guy in Melbourne and supposedly he was "good", I never thought the operation was anything spectacular. As far as wheeling, good luck. Unless yhou like mud, there is plenty of that around there.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Raised in Huntsville

I'm originally from Alabama and I know mud. I'm starting out after graduation so anything reasonable is cool. My cat and a few fish and I will get along fine a little further south. Mud is much more friendly to my truck. It's been quite a scare here with all of these rocks, I have to tell you. I'm no crawler, I'd much rather spin some tires and get the pickup nasty than find carnage on every outing. So far, I have been fortunate and only lost a U-joint in these Rockies. I look forward to the beach, but I've heard bad things about certain areas, i.e. Melbourne...let me know where it's at-A Big Thanks

Today's trip and my stuck spot

I couldn't go any further

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Haha what's wrong with Melbourne? Brevard county is all pretty much ghetto, the north end of Melbourne is the nicest area in the county probably but in the last 5 years or so there has beena ton of development and traffic and house prices have skyrocketed in the area. Well I can say this, stay away from Rockledge, Cocoa, Titusville, Port St John, Palm Bay

·
Registered
249 Posts
I live in North Brevard in Titusville. There has been alot of development in the past few years and they have closed down a few wheeling spots. If your looking for something close to Nasa Merritt Island or Titusville are the two cities that bump up to it and there are houses for sale everywhere.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Huntsville, AL to Cape Canaveral, FL

Well, I grew up around Scottsboro and in Huntsville, AL. So, I know that I need a winch and A/C to survive back at the swamp. I greatly appreciate the advice on towns that may suit me. I have family there in Cocoa and have heard their opinions on some of their neighboring communities. The coast of Florida reminds me of L.A., where so many different towns are all butted right up to one another and most folks are forced to live closed in tight to one another. I'm dreading the traffic. What would be optimal is a place ten minutes out of the city, but that makes most of my commute a highway drive, top commute time to the Cape 20 minutes or less (most likely impossible, I know). But, I'd like somewhere rural. So, anymore advice will definitely be put to good use. I look forward to wheeling with you all!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Craigslist Rants

I found these comments on Craigslist-Can anyone verify? Those Rants and Raves are graphic, I had to edit some language. It also adds that the fast food is inedible in the area around Brevard Co.

(Read On)
I can't speak for the rest of Florida , but I'll let you and everyone that don't know in on the scoop about most of the Space coast particulary ,Titusville,Cocoa, From the bottom of the bridge on Merritt Island, Hwy 520 to Courtney Parkway, North Courtney, all of the east Side of Courtney Parkway to Hwy 528,And most recently Viera. Yes, VIERA. These places are poo holes!!!!!

Palm Bay is 1000X worse than Titusville. You can begin smelling Palm Bay around the I-95/Eau Gallie exit.

I don't believe there's a shattier city in FL than Palm Bay, honestly.

I really hate Titusville. I make excuses to go out of town. It's like there's a constant storm cloud hanging over this place. I don’t think I've met anyone who likes Titusville. Besides the ******** of course they love to stick together.

And, this is supposed to be a good spot…. Suntree right off of I-95 and Wickham Rd

·
Registered
455 Posts
you will find some great waves right off of canaveral national seashore..see playalinda beach.
other then that good luck with your move.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
BigWavePaul said:
And, this is supposed to be a good spot…. Suntree right off of I-95 and Wickham Rd
That is where I used to live. If I was moving back to Brevard I would look somewhere between Lake Washington Rd and Suntree/Viera. Viera is not bad like whoever said that told you. North Melbourne is your best bet, but the commute is probably 20-30 minutes, more like 30.

My :2cents:

·
Registered
21 Posts
live here dun that

i am in cocoa beach there is nothing here everything is exspensive and no real good places to play no mechanics no nuttin exept surffin i drive down to melbourne to play but even that is gettin shut down

·
Registered
77 Posts
My grandfather lived on Merrit Island for years when he worked for NASA right on a canal it was a small 3 bedroom place. He said he always liked the area. Raised his kids there (my mother.) Everytime i went to visit always seemed to be a nice neighborhood. And i think my mom still knows some of the neighbors. If ya want i can find out more about that area of Merrit Island.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Recon SitRep

The recon of last weekend gave me a nice situation report about the area in and around Cape Canaveral. I didn't like much other than Cocoa, which is also where my some of my family lives. It's a vacation spot around most of the coast and I'm just going to settle on being within a short distance from the beach. Titusville, Cocoa, Cape Canaveral and Cocoa Beach have Third World neighborhoods. The recent economic trends, minimum wage at $5 instead of $15 to match inflation, has most of that pristine and gorgeous shoreline looking like Somalia. Bob Bowman was a Florida Congressional candidate with some great ideas. He tried. Maybe the CFR will forget about enslaving us and finally realize that we all deserve a much needed vacation, or maybe just a living wage--

1 - 13 of 13 Posts