TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am going to mount some backup lights on the back of my 06 prerunner.

when i looked under the bed, i could only find a few spots that MIGHT work, and that will be hidden (not seen by outsiders). what i want to get are some pictures of where you guys mounted them, what type of lights are they, and how they look from outside (if you can even see them)

thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I mounted some cheapy tractor style spot lights under the bumper, and they lasted about 2 weeks before I munched them offroading :laugh:

If I still had a rear bumper I would mount some on top of the bumper, on either side of the tail gate.

If you have a hitch, what about something like this?

·
Registered
177 Posts
what about putting just 1 light in side the hitch. that way it would not get smashed off road. you would just have to put some quick disconnects on the wires so its still possible to use the hitch for towing.

·
Registered
232 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
doh

·
Registered
338 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
S

I have some autozone lights that I got for 20 bucks and have never broke them were I mounted them. Here is a pic or two...

·
Registered
112 Posts
i just bought some cheap tractor lights for my 05 tacoma. if you look on the underside of the bumper theres a hole on either side and i just used these to mount mine. but we dont have to many rocks here in mississippi so i dont really have to worry about knocking them off. theyre still on there after a full deer season of driving around in the woods every day.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
I have some autozone lights that I got for 20 bucks and have never broke them were I mounted them. Here is a pic or two...
same ones here lasted 6 months...

·
Registered
521 Posts
S

Yeah I mounted the autozone lights as Rocklights once and they literally lasted 5 minutes on the trail. The reverse ones are fine because they dint get hit at all.

·
Registered
101 Posts

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Why not put them inside of your fancy (Bling :supergay: Bling) tail lights? That's where normal back-up lights go?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
no queer bait, stock backups suck, now smoked they are worse.

i think ill be getting these and making my own brackets from scratch to find a hidden place to mount under the bedhttp://www.stylinconcepts.com/part.aspx/partid/472343/partfamilyid/30/subcategoryid/114/categoryid/26
Don't you wish you posted this in NEWBIE thread? Using SEARCH will give you 35 threads! Just type in "Back up Lights"
PS: Factory Backup lights work fine for most of us! Unless your a mall GAY prerunner? Those of us who need more light, know how to us search. Take that info and use it to our advantage!
Then again if you posted in the right forum ( Interior/Electrical/Electronics) you would have found:
http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=57625&highlight=back+up+lights
on page 6

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Yeah I mounted the autozone lights as Rocklights once and they literally lasted 5 minutes on the trail. The reverse ones are fine because they dint get hit at all.
no mine were on a bed bar, they didnt like the few hundred high speed miles of baja...

·
Registered
521 Posts
S

To tell the truth I never use mine on the trail. I usually use them when I camp or load my dirtbikes in the bed at night. Its a little better than having to hold a damn flashlight the whole time.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
i used mine as dust lights, ie a bbackwards pointing light so people can see you are there through the dust you are making. i also used them once as stage lighting for a late night jam session on the beach in southern baja:D

Need to replace them but going with a higher quality light.

Mike

1 - 20 of 31 Posts