TTORA Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to get some ideas from you guys who have already mounted CB's. I have a Cobra 25 WX Classic and can't seem to find a place to mount it in my Taco. The only places I have thought of are either on the top of the dash or under the steering column. The only problem with under the steering column is when the mic is mounted to the side it hits my knee (I am 6'2"), plus the mic wire hangs down. And on top of the dash, well I don't want to screw holes in the top of my dash & I doubt 3M double sided tape would keep it there while I am wheeling off road. Anyone have any pictures or ideas? THANKS!!!

·
Registered
718 Posts
my buddy mounted his on the kick plate by his left foot. works well and doesnt seem to get in his way.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Do you have the 60/40 seats? I cut out the foam that is below the 60/40 armrest (on the back wall only) and put my full sized General Lee under the armrest. Removing the foam keep the radio flush with the front of the armrest and the back open to give the radio plenty of room to breath. The coax goes out the back, along the floor, and out the cab via the jump seat storage.

:2cents:

·
STITCH - Come and Take it!
2019 4RUNNER TRD Off-Road
9,051 Posts
hk'dontoys is correct that the Tech Section has a write up & posting of different locations, but I would also try searching too.
CB + MOUNT = Search Button ;)

BTW, I mounted my CB under my radio in the dash. It's not the full size Cobra 25x you mention, but the smaller Cobra 18wx

Good luck!

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
i mounted mine on the dash, but like you i didnt want to screw holes in the dash. ....so i used hot glue. sounds stupid at first, and i didnt actually think it would hold up, but i have had it mounted on my dash for about 8 months, and it has been though plenty of rough terrain, and wheeling trips. it is still holding strong hand havent had any problems at all...

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
NorCalTRD said:
my buddy mounted his on the kick plate by his left foot. works well and doesnt seem to get in his way.
yep, doesn't get in my way at all, i have the mic right above the fuse panel door

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
mine is screwed into the back of the center armrest/console on m EXT cab,like right behind it i have a full sized one i forgot the name the mic doesnt rub at all even with seat covers,ill post pics later

·
Registered
779 Posts
umm compared to others... mine it kinda simple but w/e i just put it where the ashtray was... fits perfect (uniden) looks somewhat like Hasting4x4's... good luck post pics when ur done! :)

·
Registered
552 Posts
Mounted mine under the E-break. Out of the way and easy to get to. Mounted the mic on the steering column.Mike

[/IMG]

·
Registered
266 Posts
TEJASYOTA said:
hk'dontoys is correct that the Tech Section has a write up & posting of different locations, but I would also try searching too.
CB + MOUNT = Search Button ;)

BTW, I mounted my CB under my radio in the dash. It's not the full size Cobra 25x you mention, but the smaller Cobra 18wx

Good luck!
I like the way that looks! Very clean.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts