TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have an external CD changer that I'm not using, so I thought I might put it in the Taco. I have an extended cab, bucket seats. Anyone have an idea where to mount this thing? It is a 10 disc, and doesn't look like it would fit under the front seats. I hate to let this go to waste, but I don't see any place that looks like it wouldn't be in the way.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I stuck mine right in the pocket on the back of the seat. It works well, no skipping and plus with the seatback angle nobody can see it. It's also very accessible there.

·
Registered
565 Posts
My sony 10 disk changer fit under the passenger seat just fine. :)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
akshunj said:
I stuck mine right in the pocket on the back of the seat. It works well, no skipping and plus with the seatback angle nobody can see it. It's also very accessible there.
Did you just let it lay in the pocket, or did you secure it somehow? It sounds like a neat idea, and would definitely be accessable there.

I am gonna re-measure under the seats again, and I'm looking into using the space under the drivers side rear seat. I have a little while before I'm gonna put it in there, so I'm just researching a little.

·
Registered
279 Posts
yeah most guys put it under the seat. I did not use the brackets, I just stuffed it in there. I have the Alpine 6 disc and as small as it is, the seat pocket holds it in there nice and tight.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Jamier2 said:
Hi,

I have an external CD changer that I'm not using, so I thought I might put it in the Taco. I have an extended cab, bucket seats. Anyone have an idea where to mount this thing? It is a 10 disc, and doesn't look like it would fit under the front seats. I hate to let this go to waste, but I don't see any place that looks like it wouldn't be in the way.
I put my 8-disk in the passenger side storage thing in my x-cab. I mounted it to the lid with some JB weld and it tore the cardboard so I would suggest some sort of small flat headed bolts for the mounting plates.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Jamier2 said:
Hi,

I mounted my disc changer in between the two rear "seats". My driver's side sub always stays in the truck, so I mounted it closer to that side. When both subs are in the truck, it's difficult to see the changer. Here's a link to a few pictures:
http://www.sounddomain.com/id/saggysprings

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
I mounted a 10 disc JVC under the drivers seat. I chose the drivers seat because it doesnt automatically slide forward everytime some one gets in the back, that leaves less of a chance of people stepping all over it.
Tim

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well, that pic of the changer mounted between the rear seats looks nice, but I do have people crawling in there from time to time so that won't work.

I'll have to re-check the under seat mount idea. I didn't measure it, but just gave it a quick look and figured it wouldn't work. Does anyone have a pic of their changer mounted under the seat?

·
Long lost Taco Owner
820 Posts
Jamier2 said:
Hi,

I put mine in the cubby hole on the passanger side and attached it to the lid.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ptrautne said:
I put mine in the cubby hole on the passanger side and attached it to the lid.
What did you do to the tire remvoal things down in there? Was there room for the changer to fit without moving that stuff?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Jamier2 said:
What did you do to the tire remvoal things down in there? Was there room for the changer to fit without moving that stuff?
I can't speak for the other guys but i was able to stuff all of the jack/tire related tools and the bag into the driver's side cubby with the jack itself. I never mounted it i just let the 10disk hang out in the passenger side cubby(it skipped occationally, but i really only used it on long trips, never offroad). I ran the wires under the carpet and was pretty happy with the set up.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I put a Sony under the passsenger rear seat. It took a little manuvering but I got it mounted facing the centerline of the truck, gave me room to get the cartridge out and it was hidden from view. I don't remember where I tossed the jack and stuff but I still had room for my load straps I kept in there.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Felixatvtc said:
I was able to stuff all of the jack/tire related tools and the bag into the driver's side cubby with the jack itself.
That's what I just did. Im goning to put it in the passenger side, and it looks like I'll still have quite a bit of room left over when I'm done.

I feel like such a moron, until I read your post I never realized that the jack was on the drivers side. I dind't even realize there was a cubby over there.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have a Pioneer 6 disc mounted under the passenger seat in my 99 std cab. It faces the back wall.
Pretty easy to reach back behind the seat while sitting in the drivers seat to change cartridges, but I wouldnt recommend doing it while actually driving, as you DO have to stretch a little.

Unfortunately, being a std cab, I tend to fill the space behind the seats, and even up behind the console, almost up to the top of the seats with "stuff"....

I usually have to go in thru the passenger door, slide the seat all the way forward, and move some "stuff" to get enough room to change the cartridge....

But, hey, it works....

Make sure you hard mount it, though...My PO just mounted mine to the carpet, by looping a couple zip-ties thru the 4 mounting holes... :p

I havent gotten around to hard mounting it yet, even though the frequent skipping annoys the hell out of me...

·
Registered
57 Posts
CD Changer Location

I have my panasonic 8 disc changer mounted underneath the passenger seat. The accessibility isnt that convenient but its probably the safest place for it to be located. -cody

·
Registered
58 Posts
I've been thinking of putting a changer in the console. What 'mods' did you have to do to make it fit ?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts