TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I have a 96 tacoma. I'm wondering where you are mounting the front hanger. I've been looking at pictures but can't find any with the short stub frames. Every picture that I've seen is with the longer frame. Mine only has about 1/2inch after the front cab mounts. Thanks

·
Registered
295 Posts
I like the way Yogi did his, but I just welded mine under the frame like most people do on the longer framed trucks.

It is (was) not an ideal setup, with the steering box mounted on an angle (my mistake) I had to flip the springs with the long side forward to push the axle back. That worked fine until I got 38.5's. I have now flipped the springs around, notched the frame to run a flat pitman arm, and all is well except a leaky steering box...

My wheelbase is about 105" I think, I still rub the firewall, but only under very hard compression/turning.

If you go too far forward (like yogi's), you will have to cut out some core support to fit the steering box even mounted vertically (probably). I like mine being mounted on an angle, keeps the steering shaft straight (if that matters...)

Hope this might have been a little help. Look at my other pictures for a better reference of what I did. The silver Taco with SAS is not mine though, even though I did his as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
3 Participants
Tacoma747
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing