TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Sirius radio a few months ago and have yet to mount it. I am using it but I have not figured out where to mount it yet. I have an 03 DC auto. I don't want to suction cup it to the window or hang it off the vent. Pics and ideas are greatly appreciated. I was thinking of fabricating something to replace the ashtray and mount it there but I am not sure if it would be sturdy enough. Once again please give me any and all ideas. Thanks!

·
Registered
836 Posts
I installed one of these things on my wife's '06 with her sportster 4. We're real happy with the setup. It gives a nice solid mount at the same level as the stereo and looks like it belongs there. On my wife's truck, it sticks out far enough that road vibrations are amplified a little, but not enough to make you have to focus any harder to read the screen.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-WuFgHrjh3LG/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=251850&I=042TY7298

Pro.fit has all kinds of mounting solutions.

http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/

·
Registered
338 Posts
i have an empty slot below my aftermarket cd player, so i made a bracket that bolt to the radio cage and hold the sirius unit just below the cd player.
tough to explain, i'll try to take a pic and post it.

·
Registered
829 Posts
I installed one of these things on my wife's '06 with her sportster 4. We're real happy with the setup. It gives a nice solid mount at the same level as the stereo and looks like it belongs there. On my wife's truck, it sticks out far enough that road vibrations are amplified a little, but not enough to make you have to focus any harder to read the screen.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-WuFgHrjh3LG/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?g=251850&I=042TY7298

Pro.fit has all kinds of mounting solutions.

http://www.pro-fit-intl.com/
From the pictures it looks like that mounts inside the dash? do you have any pics of it?

·
Registered
836 Posts
From the pictures it looks like that mounts inside the dash? do you have any pics of it?
Sorry, no pics. I don't know what the mount for the '95-04 Tacos is like, but for '05+ I had to take off the cover piece where the AC/fan controls are and use screws to mount it to the side and put the cover back on. It was a 20 minute job, tops. The pro.fit site actually has pretty good pictures and instructions for the vehicle specific mounts if you really want to take a closer look. When I settle on a GPS, I will probably buy the VSM mount for my own taco.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry, no pics. I don't know what the mount for the '95-04 Tacos is like, but for '05+ I had to take off the cover piece where the AC/fan controls are and use screws to mount it to the side and put the cover back on. It was a 20 minute job, tops. The pro.fit site actually has pretty good pictures and instructions for the vehicle specific mounts if you really want to take a closer look. When I settle on a GPS, I will probably buy the VSM mount for my own taco.
My '04DC install was about the same.

·
Registered
4,793 Posts
i pop riveted mine below my ashtray.... ill take some pictures later....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you so far, apparently we are the only seven people on this site that have a sat radio. I have looked at the profit site but I didn't like the options. Maybe if someone could help what I would like to do is remove the ashtray and make some kind of bracket to mount the radio there. Anymore help would be great.

·
Registered
338 Posts
i just used the suction cup

·
Registered
338 Posts
The suction cup is not bad. Mine stayed in place for about a year before it fell off. But thats just daily driving.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Where do you flip your ashes, Dennis? Not out the window I hope. I hate people who do that and I really go postal when they toss a butt out the window.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts