TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
Here's mine:

I ran the antenna out through my 3rd brake light.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Once again, Ted's providing the hardcore tech. :clap: :clap: :clap:

But seriously, mount it under the bed.
dont listen to sisyphus... under the spare tire is better .

Try customtacos.com

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Rad. Haven't logged on in a couple months... and the first night, I get flamed (just a little) by Sisyphus. It feels like old home week. LOL!!!! Next time I am down near Sac, we will have to WHEEL, my brother!!!

Yeah, I have them both running out of the third brake light, right now. I was looking for something like "there is a great little cubby up under the dash/windshield/wiper shield on these new ones..."

Thanks for the feedback, all. Ah, it's good to be back!!!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
but seriously I ran mine under the carpet kinda rough like then behind the seats and out the back window on to the roof until I have time and it isnt
MINUS FRICKIN 30 GOD DAMN DEGREE'S !!!
Im gettin cabin fever sorry....

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks PHX. I hear ya. 1st sunny day in a while up here... and I was sitting in an office for most of it. It is good to be back though, the ol' TTORA is a great time killer and you can also learn something once in while, too! By the way, the 07 Dodge Dakota DC 4x4 rental they have/had me driving seems pretty crappy.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I put my XM antenna under the hood on the driver side right under the plastic cowling. I rarely get any drops. You can run the antenna wire through the firewall where the trunk release cable goes.

·
Registered
232 Posts
plastic cowling as in the hood scoop or the plastic stuff right under the windshield

·
Registered
483 Posts
stuff it in the glovebox.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have GPS and XM/Sirius antennas to mount on '06 Sport Access. Where should I put 'em?
I bought the Sirius SIGMA antenna off of eBay that mounts to the inside of the windsheild. I put mine up near the rear view mirror mount and headliner. I pushed the cable under the headliner (near the top of the windsheild), down the A-pillar on the passenger side and under the glove box to the unit. It gets great reception.

For the Garmin GPSMap 478 - I just lay the GXM30 antenna on the dash for now, but I'm working on a bracket that attaches to the RAM mount for the GPS. I may just buy the marine mount for the GXM30 antenna and mount it to my bed bar and run the cable with my bed lights into the cab via the rubber floor plug with the rest of the stock wires. I didn't want to drill any holes in the cab or have any additional sheiite on the roof or hood of my truck.

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Once again, Ted's providing the hardcore tech. :clap: :clap: :clap:

But seriously, mount it under the bed.
You know...

That's a fairly nice smart ass answer, but wait a minute-

That bed is mostly plastic and it just might not bother the RF signal.

It might work just fine under there and there's all the room in the world to mount it.

This might be worth experimenting with!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts