TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the a-pillars alomst ready to ship I ordered my gauges. The question is where to mount the sender. Do I put it in the oil pan? Assuming there is appropriate depth. Or do I splice it into the hardline at the oil cooler output. I want it as close to the trans as possible, as the guys who wait for the rubber line say the gauge rarely moves. The normal operating temp is 122* to 176*, so I know my 100* to 280* will be enough, providing I get a decent reading. For the inline reading I was thinking of ordering a spare output hardline, and having the sending port spliced in, then doing an easy swap. The sender came with several plugs if I decide to go the pan route.. so what do you guys think?

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
i put mine before the cooler in the rubber line. and yes it does move around quite a bit. between 160 and 210, depending on the situation

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i put mine before the cooler in the rubber line. and yes it does move around quite a bit. between 160 and 210, depending on the situation
Wow thats hot for up there... I dont want to break 200...

·
Registered
5,124 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
I think your idea on ordering a spare output hardline, and having the sending port spliced in, then doing an easy swap would be the best, have you contacted a transmission shop to ask their advice?
Cant wait to see it buddy

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
those hardlines are about 75 bucks each iirc

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
What ever you do, do NOT remove the stock trans pan to install the sender. It is a sealed system and you need special tools and proceure to refill the pan. Plus that trans fluid is $20 a quart. The fill port is located in the top of the pan rail on the drivers side, behind the DS. You need a 6mm torqs drive and a "U" shaped filler tube to refill the system. I's a PITA. Trust me, I did it.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
What ever you do, do NOT remove the stock trans pan to install the sender. It is a sealed system and you need special tools and proceure to refill the pan. Plus that trans fluid is $20 a quart. The fill port is located in the top of the pan rail on the drivers side, behind the DS. You need a 6mm torqs drive and a "U" shaped filler tube to refill the system. I's a PITA. Trust me, I did it.
Hmm... either way doesnt seem cheap... crap :D

I can probally do the pan without removing it, but I would have to drain it to know if it was a viable option or not....

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
yours is an 07, mine an 00

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
597 Posts
ah64id Where abouts in Idaho do you live? Mountain Home area (judging by your avatar)?

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Okay... here is the diagram I am using to get the offical name for the outlet tube...

just want to confirm what you all think, outlet is the tube going TO the cooler, inlet is the tube coming FROM the cooler... but that would mean the routing is trans, aux cooler, rad cooler, trans.... IMO it would have been trans, rad cooler, aux cooler, trans.... :confused:

or is it out of the cooler and into the cooler??

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Should be out of the trans, to the radiator, then the aux cooler, back to trans. I will have to look at mine and get back to you. If you decide to go the pan route, PM me and I will fill you in on the fill procedure.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Should be out of the trans, to the radiator, then the aux cooler, back to trans. I will have to look at mine and get back to you. If you decide to go the pan route, PM me and I will fill you in on the fill procedure.
Thats the routing I thought, so the outlet line must be out of the cooler (like it says :eek: ) instead of out of the trans :D

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Thats the routing I thought, so the outlet line must be out of the cooler (like it says :eek: ) instead of out of the trans :D
I crawled under mine today and that's the way it's plumbed. Trans-radiator-cooler-trans.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts