TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am installing a used Camburg LT kit on my 01 Tacoma ext cab. It is the older version that uses upper and lower balljoints and SAW's. How much thread do you guys have showing on your LT setup? On my bolt-on King's I had about 1.25" or so and it rode pretty good. I am just looking for a general height to preset them at so hopefully I don't have to keep pulling them and adjusting them.

Thanks.

·
Registered
133 Posts
If I were you I would adjust them until it's a stiff ride in the street and then see how it handles offroad. A truck that is properly setup with no be a luxury ride on the street. But it all depends on what your looking to do. What spring rate are you running? Try adjusting them donw an inch and then go from there. thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
i have the newer burg lt kit and i just set my fox to give me about 3 inches of lift with a measuring tape

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys, but I was hoping to get a measurement of how much thread I should have showing. I know it depends on a lot of things, but something to get me close... For now I have them set with about 1" of thread showing. We'll see how it sits and rides once I wrap up the install.

·
Registered
484 Posts
I'd crank it until you had about 3" lift in the front so you're closer to that happy medium between ride height and uptravel/downtravel. When I had the cone shaped ends on my coils, I had 4" lift with barely enough thread to firmly seat the collar and not interfere with the resevoir L-joint. Now that I've switched to a flat ?cup? on the end of my coils I have about 4-5" exposed thread showing and it's about 2" of lift.

It rides better now.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Thanks guys, but I was hoping to get a measurement of how much thread I should have showing. I know it depends on a lot of things, but something to get me close... For now I have them set with about 1" of thread showing. We'll see how it sits and rides once I wrap up the install.
7/8"

·
Registered
599 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks man, that's about where I've got em now. I'm surprised how much stiffer this setup seems compared to my bolt in Kings. I haven't driven it yet though, it just seems stiff from pushing the bumper down. We'll see!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts