TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
which would support a winch better SAW or donahoes

i have the saw 2" now.im looking at putting a winch bumper and winch on the truck.would it be better for me to step up to the SAW 2.5" or maybe the donahoes?

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
the 2.0 saw's have a 675lb coil as to the 2.5's saw's and 'hoes 650lb coil. For that reason they're preferred for winch support.

·
Going John Galt
31,843 Posts
nation said:
i have the saw 2" now.im looking at putting a winch bumper and winch on the truck.would it be better for me to step up to the SAW 2.5" or maybe the donahoes?
I've had my 2.0/675s for a couple years now...no sagging and I have at least 300# of armor on the nose. I set them for about 2.5" of lift and get full flex to the bumpstops.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
TBob said:
Really?? First I've heard of this....I just keep cranking up my preload..yea they sag.

Yup, they are guranteed to never sag.. heres a paste from the post by "DR RYAN" linked below..

Yup, if they sag just send the coilovers in and we will check them out and replace them if there is a problem.

Also we charge $40-60 per shock for a standard rebuild on our coilovers.

www.donahoeracing.com

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43701&highlight=donahoe+sag

·
Registered
803 Posts
jessevic said:
Donahoes. They are guranteed to never sag. SaW's will work good, but eventually sag. They are also more expencive, but as an owner.. the hoes kick ass.
SAW's are guaranteed to never sag too. I had 2.0's but after ARB and winch I had coil bind with the amount of lift I wanted (around 2.5") so I went to the 2.5" SAW and 700lb springs. That spring option is not available with the 2.0's. Now I have the amount of lift I want, no coil bind all the way to the bumpstops, and the on/off road ride is great. :2cents:

·
Registered
6,892 Posts

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
TBob said:
wow - well guess the problem there is your still out $150 just to have them checked out.
good point.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rogersja63 said:
SAW's are guaranteed to never sag too. I had 2.0's but after ARB and winch I had coil bind with the amount of lift I wanted (around 2.5") so I went to the 2.5" SAW and 700lb springs. That spring option is not available with the 2.0's. Now I have the amount of lift I want, no coil bind all the way to the bumpstops, and the on/off road ride is great. :2cents:
thanks for all the feed back.i guess ill just give it a shot.if it does not work,ill move to the 2.5 w/700lb spring.

·
Registered
734 Posts
sweet thx. After boot camp i'm getting a new front sus. and am debating on the hoes, 2.0 saws, or 2.5 saws and now that i know i can get em with higher spring # it's helped make my decision.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts