TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone! this is my first post...i have been doing some mods to my truck and would like to also add an exhaust. i dont want something obnoxiously loud, but i want to notice the hp difference. im looking for more start up torque. i put a k&n intake on it and that made the mid-range romp! if anyone has sound clips or has any input i would apprectiate it. thanks in advance...

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
What engine do you have? If you have a 3.4, take off the K&N because you're actually losing power with it. I have a few videos up of how my truck sounds with JBA headers and spintech exhaust. If you're not supercharged, save yourself money and just buy a muffler...you dont need the larger piping of a full catback.

·
Registered
808 Posts
hey everyone! this is my first post...i have been doing some mods to my truck and would like to also add an exhaust. i dont want something obnoxiously loud, but i want to notice the hp difference. im looking for more start up torque. i put a k&n intake on it and that made the mid-range romp! if anyone has sound clips or has any input i would apprectiate it. thanks in advance...
Take a look here:
http://ttora.com/forum/search.php?searchid=1695169

Lots of similiar questions to yours. I'm sure others may disagree, but you have very little gain of HP when adding the aftermarket exhaust. For me I had a Flowmaster 40, sounded good down low, ricey at the top. Didn't notice any seat of the pants added power. The only thing I did notice is the power band move more towards the top of the RPM range and took some of the low end torque away (which I didn't ****).

As for the K&N...search for the "Deckplate" mod. Better and cheaper.

Edit: this is based on my experience with the 3.4...not sure about the 4 banger.

·
Premium Member
12,213 Posts
IMHO, the deckplae is bull.

102 degree intake air temps when towing, and it was only 52 degrees out. Yeah, that's gotta add a lot of horsepower and torque!

In the streets, 30 degrees higher.

On the freeway, 10 degrees higher.

With the deckplate blocked off, i get 1 mpg better. Go figure, pulling in more cold air...

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Yeah but what you are not considering is oxygen content of he air at whatever temperature----versus----the increased airflow the deckplate seems to offer. It probably depends where you live.

Not sayin you wrong, but I am not sayin your right. I just noticed you've been sayin it a lot lately.

·
Ban Count: 12
1,815 Posts
READ!!!
http://www.gadgetonline.com/

I enjoyed my magnaflow. I got a lot of compliments on the sound too.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
I enjoyed my magnaflow. I got a lot of compliments on the sound too.
same for my magnaflow.....i DID notice a slight increase in power in the top range...but just a little bit

ive done the deckplate mod and it seemed to have increased to lower end power a good bit

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
dude you have got to be shitting me.

Use the search button. I did plenty of searching on this subject when I was looking at exhaust. And NEVER had to post up anything because there is so much damn info out there and yes there are alot of sound clips.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The bottom line on the exhaust is that you will lose some bottom end and gain some top (hopefully). There is not much you can do about that except minimize it with only a muffler. It really depends on what you use your truck for and where you need/want the power (top-end/bottom-end).

Here are some companies that make good products:

Catbacks:
MBRP
Magna
Gibson

Mufflers:
Spintech
Magna
Flowmaster

You are pretty much safe with any choice of muffler or catback. Most have good sounds.

Look at factors like quality of the stainless (409,304 etc.). If you even need/want SS, Warranty and customer service, Tip style and quality (bolt-on/welded).
Good Luck!
My 2-cents.

·
Registered
475 Posts
dude you have got to be shitting me.

Use the search button. I did plenty of searching on this subject when I was looking at exhaust. And NEVER had to post up anything because there is so much damn info out there and yes there are alot of sound clips.
dude you have got to be shitting me maybe he didnt search but i have been looking for the last couple of weeks and there is so many threads with usless crap because all people ever say is search, if you dont want ot help then dont say anything becasue when the next guy searches he isnt going to bother because of useless post just like these ( i mean that about yours and mine)

·
Registered
1 Posts
dude you have got to be shitting me maybe he didnt search but i have been looking for the last couple of weeks and there is so many threads with usless crap because all people ever say is search, if you dont want ot help then dont say anything becasue when the next guy searches he isnt going to bother because of useless post just like these ( i mean that about yours and mine)
I couldn't have said it better. I have been searching through all the crap trying to get info on exhausts for my 2007 tacoma.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nothing wrong with starting a new fresh thread to get new ideas. I'm in the market for an exhaust, so I enjoyed the thread.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts

damn newbs !!!!

It literally took me less then a minute to find this thread and look at the second post with a link on it. http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30070&highlight=exhaust+sound+clips Wow your right that is some useless info right there. Jack ass !

first learn to use the search button. Then you can say "but I did use the search button" :D And I hope I afended you !!!

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Hey you illiterate 'tard, it's "offended". :flipoff4:
:rofl: OK CAPTAIN GRAMMAR!!
who the fuck was talking to you dick licker !!!!

:flipoff2: :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
:rofl: OK CAPTAIN GRAMMAR!!
who the fuck was talking to you dick licker !!!!

:flipoff2: :flipoff2:
By starting of with "who", you were asking a question...which should have ended in a ???? not a !!!!.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
LEEEERROOOOOYYYYY

JJEEEEEENNNKKIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINNZZZZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love that .gif, cracks me up every time LOL

BTW nooblets, do a search, I find everything that way. Don't be lazy, use better keywords and tricks like "AND" to get better results.

Any, and I mean ANY nooblet complaining in this thread is on account of laziness, NOT lack of availability or some other roadblock.

·
Registered
475 Posts
first off dumbass i did search all i am saying is stop posting that, we all know we need to search and your not helping anything by telling him to search, help or just ignore the thread. and i did find the info i was looking for all i said was there is alot of useless crap including things like i posted.

and besides you didnt offend me because i could care less what some dumb texan who i will never meet thinks, but thanks for the response it made me laugh.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts