TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
690 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to get some of the play out of the brake pedal since I swapped to disk brakes in the rear. I've heard that FJ 80 master brake cylinders have front and rear residual valves that should help restore proper pedal response. If my Land Cruiser history is correct (which it probably isn't), it seems that 91-92 models were only offered in drum rears. After 92, Toyota switched to the full floating disk brake rear but only offered it with the ABS option. I guess my questions are 1) are non ABS master cylinders from disk braked FJ 80's available and 2) if not, will I run into any problems running an ABS master cylinder on a non ABS toyota pickup?

·
Registered
1,934 Posts
Kyle.. its all you lol

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
Chris you want a 92-94 NON ABS FJ80 master cylinder. I'm running 1" Bore 90 V6 4runner master, same as the FJ but without the residual vavle built in. It did well but the petal was still soft over time, think mine was due to the small booster maybe trying a V6 one next. Those GM calipers are huge compared to Toys. Have you thought of a bigger GM master? They are cheaper and easy to make work but move huge amounts of fluid.

http://home.4x4wire.com/erik/4runner/brakes/

1 - 4 of 4 Posts