TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do you think the hydro is worth the extra $$$...i know 20$ but ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,721 Posts
The one at the bottom of the page will not bend pipe, it is for rod. Go with the 12 ton on, I have it as do others and it does okay, you just have to learn how it bends. Also if you have a local HH you can get them for $69 and then if you use a 20% off coupon it comes to $50 something.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jtaco- that is the same as ugly recommended so i'm gonna go with the 12 ton...

Where you find a 20% off coupon?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,721 Posts
Here you go


Just print it out and hand it to them and they should know what to do, if no the manager should. They don't expire. i have a couple in my wallet and when I go, I use one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you are the man!
Thanks
Mike

cant wait to have a little fun this weekend:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
47 Posts
miguelitro said:
i know that someone here has a harbor freight bender...
i need to do some very light fabrication work and am considering picking one up.
http://search.harborfreight.com/cpisearch/web/search.do?keyword=bender&Submit=Go

is the display page. Any advice is appreciated
Mike
I have the 12 ton (32888-1VGA). It's a useless POS for bending tube. There's no gauge on how to measure the angle so it's trial and error. Also, it crimps the tube/pipe over say 20*. I going to build my own Tube bender from plans online, probably using this thing for parts. Good luck.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hooyahdiver said:
I have the 12 ton (32888-1VGA). It's a useless POS for bending tube. There's no gauge on how to measure the angle so it's trial and error. Also, it crimps the tube/pipe over say 20*. I going to build my own Tube bender from plans online, probably using this thing for parts. Good luck.
I'd imagine a PIPE bender wouldnt bend tube well:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
636 Posts
Hey Mike,

Did you get a bender yet? Just got my HF mailer and they have the Compact Bench Bender for $49.99. I don't need it ( at the moment ), but my get it anyway since it's half off.. I have one of their pipe benders, but this bender should be easier to work with since you don't have do deal with the jack.

The lot number: 44094
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,478 Posts
miguelitro said:
I'd imagine a PIPE bender wouldnt bend tube well:D
Actually, 1-5/8" tube is the same OD as 1-1/4" PIPE. Both are 1.625 OD. So yes, the pipe bender can bend tube just fine!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thats cool Rojo! this has been put off for a bit but soon enough the fun will begin.

Mike
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
anthonycoley said:
Hey Mike,

Did you get a bender yet? Just got my HF mailer and they have the Compact Bench Bender for $49.99. I don't need it ( at the moment ), but my get it anyway since it's half off.. I have one of their pipe benders, but this bender should be easier to work with since you don't have do deal with the jack.

The lot number: 44094

I wonder how that one would work, anyone?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,244 Posts
If I'm not mistaken thats not for pipe or tube- just little gay bar stock stuff.
It doesn't have pipe dies, right? Just those round pieces and a right angle piece?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
636 Posts
Ah! You're right.

I looked at the floor mounted version and it's called "COMPACT BAR & ROD BENDER" and states "Round or square solid rod capacity..."

It figures. $50 was too good to be true even for Harborfreight junk..




Wes said:
If I'm not mistaken thats not for pipe or tube- just little gay bar stock stuff.
It doesn't have pipe dies, right? Just those round pieces and a right angle piece?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,244 Posts
Almost forgot to mention, for the other tightasses out there- with that 20% coupon up above and the deal they are running right now the 32888 is $62 out the door. Hard to beat considering list is $99.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,721 Posts
Yep, that's how I got mine, super cheap and it does a pretty good job with some patience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
jtaco1 said:
Yep, that's how I got mine, super cheap and it does a pretty good job with some patience.
after vacation it will happen but with the so cal calico cleanup and wheeling trip, then a drive to AZ to visit my uncle and spectate/pit at the Whiplash off road race I'm outta $$$. Plus i have to pay the maid next week:D

And patienc ei ssomething i have a ton of, I'm a kindergarten teacher LOL
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
299 Posts
Rebuilt98 said:
Here's one in use.

Made 2 pair of sliders, 2 jeep bumpers, and various other things.
How bad does it kink the tubing? And what size tubing is that in the pic? For the price I think I could put up with a little kink. maybe you could show us a close up .
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,244 Posts
Why fuck with what works- I agree, what size tube and which die? I'm sold.
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top