TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went by Auto Zone to pick up the spring compressor and they had 2 different ones... :confused: The one that I picked up is for compressing the coil and works by being placed in the center of the coil with hooks that latch to the top of the spring, while you tighten up a plate that holds on the bottom of it.

They also have a compressor that works for struts. I'm not sure how that one works, but I'm guessing that it grabs it from the outside the spring/strut and tightens that way.

I'm wondering if I should have grabbed the compressor that works on struts rather than the coil one since the diagram on the install kit shows the shock still in the middle when the spring is being compressed....

Should I go back and get the strut one? Or, does the compressor that I picked up work just as well in this case for installing the spacer lift?

Help...

-Patrick

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
You need a set that includes clamps that go on the outside of the spring. It may also be safer and not that expensive to have a pro swap/install the springs also, so that all you have to do is bolt up to the truck.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Josh, we already did them last Friday night at Ray's house. I appreciate the offer though.

-Patrick

1 - 4 of 4 Posts