TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone used or heard a truck with a Flow master HP 2 "Hush power 2".
Not sure of sound quality?
How to buy a muffler without hearing what may sound like?
:confused::saw:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Don't know what year or motor you've got, but there was a YouTube video of a guy with one on a 98. He just ran straight no tail pipe audio quality was terrible, but I thought it sounded like shit. Especially on some other imports that had videos up.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Anyone used or heard a truck with a Flow master HP 2 "Hush power 2".
Not sure of sound quality?
How to buy a muffler without hearing what may sound like?
:confused::saw:
Just replace your muffler with a piece of pipe. Don't like it? Weld the stocker back on. Turbo mufflers generally sound nice and can be had for cheap. Smaller muffler case = deeper sound, but it ain't no V8. :2cents:

·
Registered
260 Posts
I put a magnaflow on a couple weeks back. Have had flowmasters before. I like it a lot better. Can't remember how it sounded stock, but I think this is a happy median.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
My friend had a Flowmaster on his 22re. It sounded like a V8. It was great.

My issue is performance. I'd love a low rumble on my 3.4, but if it sacrifices power, I'm over it.

There are many sound clips on YouTube. Also many comments on catbacks being a waste of money w/o boost.

·
Registered
128 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Stock TRD muffler, dump before the axle. nice and deep without sounding hollow like every other V6 truck out there.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Stock TRD muffler, dump before the axle. nice and deep without sounding hollow like every other V6 truck out there.
Is that the stock muffler on the TRD model?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts