TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats up guys. Like I posted earlier, i just ordered a set of the US84 wheels, 16x8 with 4.25 bs. I want to upgrade my tires and honestly dont plan on lifting. Should I go with the 275/70/16 tire or risk the 265/75/16? Its a 2004 TRD Prerunner DCab. It will probably never or very seldom see any offroad stuff. I want something a little more aggressive than stock, maybe a little bigger. Which one of those sizes would you guys recommend? Thanks for the help

·
Registered
23 Posts
Aggie98 said:
Whats up guys. Like I posted earlier, i just ordered a set of the US84 wheels, 16x8 with 4.25 bs. I want to upgrade my tires and honestly dont plan on lifting. Should I go with the 275/70/16 tire or risk the 265/75/16? Its a 2004 TRD Prerunner DCab. It will probably never or very seldom see any offroad stuff. I want something a little more aggressive than stock, maybe a little bigger. Which one of those sizes would you guys recommend? Thanks for the help
Can't speak about your choice of rims or backspacing, but I did just put on a set of BFG AT KO 265/75R16s on my 2001 4x4 Extra Cab Tacoma on the stock 16x8 rims. My truck is not lifted and they do NOT rub at all during normal on-road use, I suspect they could if you bounce around off road. Funny story...I bought them at a local SAMs club and they would not mount them because their policy is to only mount OEM size tires. So I rolled the Taco around back and pulled each wheel off the truck and rolled it through the side door one at a time. Then they were technically not mounting the tires on the truck. By the second tire the service manager offer me a floor jack.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Aggie98 said:

I just had a set of 275/70/16 BFG's installed & I am very pleased with everything about the tire. I went with the 275/70's rather than the 265/75's because although the 275/70 tire is slightly wider....its slightly smaller in diameter than the 265/75 & would not sap hp as bad with the stock gearing. Mine dont rub at all & fill the wheel wells out nicely.

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
RItaco said:
Can't speak about your choice of rims or backspacing, but I did just put on a set of BFG AT KO 265/75R16s on my 2001 4x4 Extra Cab Tacoma on the stock 16x8 rims. My truck is not lifted and they do NOT rub at all during normal on-road use, I suspect they could if you bounce around off road. Funny story...I bought them at a local SAMs club and they would not mount them because their policy is to only mount OEM size tires. So I rolled the Taco around back and pulled each wheel off the truck and rolled it through the side door one at a time. Then they were technically not mounting the tires on the truck. By the second tire the service manager offer me a floor jack.
you have OE 16x8s? that's a new one. Are you sure they aren't 7s?

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
Aggie98 said:
275s...not quite as tall as the 265s and slightly wider. But, with the 4.25" bs you may have some minor fender rubbing issues when flexed out. OE bs is 4.5".

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
RItaco said:
Oops they of course are 16x7s...good catch
darn, I had hopes for toyota, o well.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
4 Participants
hytenor
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing