TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need new tires, but i can't decide which ones to go with. I hear that the toyo's are good, but what about the revo's? I'm only gonna do light off roading, mostly pavement though, so which one should i go with. Also in terms of tire life, which lasts longer? the size that i'm lookin at is 265/75/16.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I think AT's are worthless, but if I had to choose...hell, I don't know! Two great looking tires. I go with the best price.

·
Premium Member
373 Posts
amCam4x4 said:
i need new tires, but i can't decide which ones to go with. I hear that the toyo's are good, but what about the revo's? I'm only gonna do light off roading, mostly pavement though, so which one should i go with. Also in terms of tire life, which lasts longer? the size that i'm lookin at is 265/75/16.
Don't know about Toyos but I'm running the Revos and they are great street tires and adequate offroad - extremely quiet, excellent wet traction, and incredible in snow and ice.

·
Registered
878 Posts
amCam4x4 said:
What is most important to you?
In general a tire with a solid center tread patch will be quieter on road like the Revos have and will give better hard surface contact under acceleration...
The Toyos Open Country At's have a more aggressive center tread design ...but are still quiet...they will give better loose surface traction...and they still have good hard surface traction because of the multi directional siping in the center tread!

Handling is close because the Revo treat design outside the center section is very similar to the Toyo AT in that department..the Toyo's side wall and turning tread design is the best around for an AT...but Bridgestone is not far behind because their new process is simular as far as construction and design techniques!

they are close in actual tire life at around 50K miles if properly taken care of on average(i believe both tire companies have 45K or 50K warranty rating on them however the siping in the Toyo's is cut deeper into the tread so that traction advantage will be longer into the life of the tire...
Toyo's Siping and tread compounds are well designed...Brigdestone is known for their compounds and I believe there are two available on the Revo's so one might be better for your climate than the other...but their computer cut siping is not as good as Toyos at the moment!

I am biased toward the Toyo's ...because I have owned five sets... I've never had less than 45K on a set and that set was only 45K because I was running them with to high of PSI and had cupped a few from improper rotation (which was not my fault!)
I've driven on most every tire brand out there as far as AT's or MT's the Toyo's out perform them all!
I know plenty of people happy with the Revo's and they are good tires but don't out perform the Toyo's and cost more!

You really can't go wrong with either... if you get a good deal and good service from the tire shop selling them...you are better off than most people out there driving on AT's!

·
Registered
534 Posts
How high of PSI were you running...I just picked up a set of Nitto terra grapplers so I wouldn't want to run to high and have the same problem!! Thanks!!

·
Registered
836 Posts
Here's another vote for the REVO's. Im at 22k on mine and they are wearing great. The only other A/T tire I have had to compare them to is the BFG A/T, and the REVO is a superior tire. It is much quieter, and while the tread may not look as agressive, it is just as good off road. Winter maners are also better than the BFG. Don't know if Toyo has a treadwear waranty, but the REVO's have 50k, and from the looks of the way mine are wearing, they will go well beyond that. The only complaint that I have is that the REVO is a heavier tire than many other A/T's for the same size.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Great post, I have some of the same questions as everyone who likes these two options. But let's face it, we have great looking trucks, and the looks of the tires matter. I have seen the Revos on and they look great in my opinion. But does anyone have pics of Toyos on their trucks, would love to see.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
I just got a set of REVO's put on my truck, and couldn't be happier at the moment. I have also heard good things about the toyo's, soooo, it's pretty much a win win situation. If you are doing mostly street driving like myself, and still want to do the occasion offroad weekend excursion, then I think your wisest option is to get the Revo's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts