TTORA Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok.....based on what you guys have used and done.........which seems to be the most well put together and thought out? Im gonna be using 5 or 7 leaf waggy springs(stock) on a waggy d44........so which kit do yall think is the best????

all opinions welcome

Josh

·
Registered
295 Posts
I don't know what kind of tools you have, but you would get out cheaper to make your own steering box plates. All they are are two plates with 3 holes each, and three tubes to go between them. Doesn't really matter what they look like as you can put them wherever you want on the frame. I don't know anyone out your way that fabs stuff other than Rich, and I am not sure how far you are from him, but you could probably get someone local to make it for you cheaper than buying a 'kit'. But Bentup is the only company I know of that makes an actual kit for it. It is all pretty simple to make, the front hanger uses 9/16" bolts for the springs, and needs to be 31.5" center to center I think, and 34" outside to outside if I remember correctly. Go to toy4x4.net his design of front spring hanger looks good ans is easy to make if you can find someone close to you to make it.

And BTW, you might want 44044's to clear the 37's. I just put some on my truck that I bought from Patrick H, give me room for 35's I think, and ride better than the 7-leaf waggys. My stock waggy springs were sagging fairly bad, but they flexed reeeeallyyy good. Don't make the mistake I did with the steering box, push it as far forward, and vertical, don't angle it.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
mike cleared 36 TSL's with his stock waggy leafs, and i have a 3 inch BL too, im gonna run a setup just like mike, and push it all forward, so i think ill be fine running the 37's and a stock waggy pack.

Ill give u a call before i start buying things

Later
Josh

·
Registered
295 Posts
I guess mine just sagged alot. Even if I would have them flipped around to be long side back(push axle forward), 35's would have been pushing it for me. Now with the 44044's I think I could clear 35's-36's, we will see when I get a friend to let me test fit his 35's.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Davidtaco said:
I clear 37's with stock waggys, and a 2" body lift....

-David

u dont have a writeup and/or pics from the swap do u? Im gonna run 7 leaf stock waggys(ive heard the 5 leafs sag way to much).

Thanks
Joshua W. Walsh

·
Registered
295 Posts
people use stock waggy springs because they seem to work well for low-lift swaps, and flex really good. I replaced my stock waggy's with 44044's because I found a really good deal on some used ones, and my waggy's were sagging pretty bad, other than the sag I was happy with them. I can tell a difference on the road now, my truck is more stable and doesn't rock side to side as much as it did before, I expect a little bit less uptravel with the 44044's, but the downtravel seems good.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts