TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched through the forum and tried to avoid asking everyone a question I figure has been asked again and again but I am not finding what I need. I am about to buy rear shocks for my truck and have seen some stuff about the Bils, Ranchos, OME's, and a few others.
For the money what is the best to go with? I have heard the most about Rancho 9K's but want to see what all of you think also. Pros/Cons.
Whacha Got?

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
My personal opinion: "You can't go wrong with Bilstien" I had the HD's on my 4runner, and my taco has 5100's on it now. I love em: Great ride, worth every penny IMHO. My buddy has Rancho's (not sure which ones) on his Silverado, and it rides really well, but a lighter truck might ride alot stiffer.

-r

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
I'll second that. The rancho's will be stiff under a taco. Try the bils. Best bang for buck. Still no 5100's, so look for 5150's, or the hd bils. 2nd choice for me would be the doestch tech mv12. SOFT rear shock. Some say they should be for a dual shock setup. But, I like them out back.

·
Registered
670 Posts
I have Rancho RS5000's up front with 2.5" Cornfed on them, yea the ride is rough but im rolling on 33" Thornbirds. need I say more...
In the rear I have Skyjacker Hydro 7000's designed for 0-3" of lift, there alright and they are only like 30 bucks a pop.
33 x 12.50 Thornbirds
AEM Short Ram Intake
Sony Xplod System

·
Registered
140 Posts
im about to put Rancho 9000's on the back, but i just heard people saying they might ride stiffer than the bils?

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
OME shocks run really nice. They are not setup to be stiff ride, they are almost setup for comfort. OME somehow figured out a way to mix comfort and offroad in their shocks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts