TTORA Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been doing research on sliders for my 05+ AC over the past 1.5 years, and a lot more research over the past 2 weeks (now that more fab'ers are making them).

Here's what I've got:

All-Pro $339 bolt or weld, no l-shape, does not use existing frame holes, unpainted, material unknown

Bent Up $425 bolt-on, in-house fitting required, square, no kickout, 275 weld-on, custom available, mat'l unknown

CBI $499 HREW, DOM extra, kickout extra, 379 weld-on

DeMello $639 powder coated, uses mostly existing holes, some drilling req'd, no kickout, 385 weld-on

Wab Fab $245, DOM, much drilling req'd, w/ or w/o KO, presume no l-shape

Shrockworks $479 powder coated, l-shaped, no kickout, 1.75" x .135" wall, some drilling req'd, $414 bare

Stubbs: $285 to $365 weld-on depending on configuration

Basically what I am looking for is bolt-on sliders with l-shaped supports, heavy backing plates, 1.75" to 2" DOM with .120" or greater wall, and with kickouts.

I've searched here and at yotatech, read all the mfr's 'sites for details, sent emails for clarification, etc..
Is my list incomplete?

·
Registered
741 Posts
if your in sac, i would just go over to AJs (bentup), and talk to him. He will make you anything you want, nice guy too. his shop is by the in and out burger on sunrise.

Austin

·
Registered
636 Posts
Check the Sponsors page. There's at least 2 I can think of you don't have listed.

http://www.tacomaterritory.com/sub.php?p=sponsors

gearbox said:
I've been doing research on sliders for my 05+ AC over the past 1.5 years, and a lot more research over the past 2 weeks (now that more fab'ers are making them).

Here's what I've got:

All-Pro $339 bolt or weld, no l-shape, does not use existing frame holes, unpainted, material unknown

Bent Up $425 bolt-on, in-house fitting required, square, no kickout, 275 weld-on, custom available, mat'l unknown

CBI $499 HREW, DOM extra, kickout extra, 379 weld-on

DeMello $639 powder coated, uses mostly existing holes, some drilling req'd, no kickout, 385 weld-on

Wab Fab $245, DOM, much drilling req'd, w/ or w/o KO, presume no l-shape

Shrockworks $479 powder coated, l-shaped, no kickout, 1.75" x .135" wall, some drilling req'd, $414 bare

Stubbs: $285 to $365 weld-on depending on configuration

Basically what I am looking for is bolt-on sliders with l-shaped supports, heavy backing plates, 1.75" to 2" DOM with .120" or greater wall, and with kickouts.

I've searched here and at yotatech, read all the mfr's 'sites for details, sent emails for clarification, etc..
Is my list incomplete?

·
Administrator
95.5 Tacoma
18,421 Posts
Man, Bentup is right in your own backyard. Why go anywhere else? Get the bolt-on model and stop by and have AJ fit it to your truck. Done deal!

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ShowStop said:
Man, Bentup is right in your own backyard. Why go anywhere else? Get the bolt-on model and stop by and have AJ fit it to your truck. Done deal!
The problem is that they never return my calls or emails. Granted I've only called 3 or 4 times and sent them messages through their site twice, but I'm trying for the path of least resistance. I've heard that they are a part-time operation, and that's fine with me -- no grudges held. I just can't schedule the fab and install around that. Plus they have to fit to the individual truck which makes turn-around longer.
Also, I thought they were in Placerville. If they're in Rancho off Sunrise/50 that is really close! 5 miles from work, and 5 from home!

·
Banned
3,446 Posts
gearbox said:
I've been doing research on sliders for my 05+ AC over the past 1.5 years
It's taking you that long to pick a set of sliders? Just stop by bentup and talk to AJ in person.

·
Registered
947 Posts
If you want A+ customer service, as well as an A+ product then CBI is the way to go. One of the best companies I have ever dealt with in all aspects. I will be getting everything possible for my build from them.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Paul said:
It's taking you that long to pick a set of sliders? Just stop by bentup and talk to AJ in person.
When I got my truck the 05+'s had only been out a year. NO ONE was making off-the-shelf sliders. I gave it a year and now I'm compiling data to make an informed decision.

Anyone know the address to Bent Up? I can't find it on their site, yahoo yellow pages, YellowPages.com, google, nothing. The 2nd post said he's behind In-N-Out, but I'd like to know exactly where. I can try calling/emailing AJ again, but it sounds like a drop-in is the only way to get in contact. Considering BentUp is PT I can't just stop by...can I?

Edit: I just called Bentup and talked to the wife. I have their address and a rough estimation of when he's available at the shop.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
jhunter said:
If you want A+ customer service, as well as an A+ product then CBI is the way to go. One of the best companies I have ever dealt with in all aspects. I will be getting everything possible for my build from them.
CBI emailed me back very quickly (which is a symptom of good service), but the problem is that the sliders are expensive to start with, DOM is extra $$ and kickouts would probably cost extra. That could cost just as much as DeMello sliders, which are powder coated and already have an installation write-up on the boards. Of course, I don't know that the Demellos are even DOM. Just kinda thinking aloud.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Interex said:
www.4xinnovations.com - http://www.4xinnovations.com/pages/guarding/sliders.htm

05-06 Double Cab Short Bed Tacoma Bolt on DOM $245
05-06 Double Cab Short Bed Tacoma Bolt on HREW $195

EDIT: Adam will also customize the kick-outs at no additional charge
Interex, Wab-Fab and 4XI sliders are the same. One shop makes it and both sell it as a team.
Here's what I asked Wab Fab and what they said:
gearbox in email said:
Hi, I've got a 2006 access cab that I need bolt-on sliders for. Does your " *2005-2006 Double Cab Tacoma Short Bed Rock Sliders BOLT ON, DOM - $245" come with backing plates for securing to the inside of the frame? Does it work for AccessCab models or are the DC short bed trucks a different dimension? Does it utilize existing holes in the frame? Is it a DIY job or does it come welded to mounting plates?
Essentially I need bolt on sliders that will be installable right out of the packaging.
Wab Fab in email said:
I have no idea if they fit the "Access Cab" I can't promise that the frames are the same. There are no stock holes in the frame to reuse, they come with a single outside plate fully welded with holes in the plate that need to be transfered to and be drilled through the frame.
Based on that I would need to do a lot of frame drilling and there are no L-shaped supports. It does appear to be a very good deal, though, if that's what I were looking for.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Stubbs is a good guy even dealing with him from the right coast he was very helpful and aimed to please. Whatever I asked for he did. Even when to a dealer to take measurement for a 05 reg cab (I have the first set he ever made). Mine have not been in stalled because I bought a trail rig. And heres a shamless plug BUY THESE

·
Registered
947 Posts
Paul said:
Build? You are bolting on some coilovers and leaf springs, that is hardly a 'build.'

How do you know that I do not have another new 85 out front that I just bought and plan to build in place of my 99? Steve makes custom parts for whatever your needs.. New or old..

I dont have one yet, and probably will not get another one for a while, but how do you know what my plans are for whatever truck I may be talking about? Yea, I guess I could take our savings and have a solid axle put on it so I could be like the big boys, but I would rather put that money into something of value like another home build.. 7K into a 8K truck is just too stupid for me to understand. I will get another 85 later on for 4K and put 2K into it and be ready to go.. So... coilovers/leafs/sliders/bumpers/lockers is a build no? What shall I call that? My upgrade, is that better?

·
Banned
755 Posts
gearbox said:
CBI emailed me back very quickly (which is a symptom of good service), but the problem is that the sliders are expensive to start with, DOM is extra $$ and kickouts would probably cost extra. That could cost just as much as DeMello sliders, which are powder coated and already have an installation write-up on the boards. Of course, I don't know that the Demellos are even DOM. Just kinda thinking aloud.
I have CBI bolt-on sliders on my truck. Even did a small write-up on them here last summer. Worth every penny I paid for them. You might get a little more strength out of DOM, but it's not worth the cost, IMO. I'll take a well-designed HREW set over DOM any day when it comes to sliders. And, CBI's are a 4-bar slider at that price unlike the Shrock at a similar price. Go buy you $20 worth of backing plates and spray paint and you are set.

BTW- powder coating on sliders is a huge waste of money anyway, IMO. If you use them, it won't last.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts