TTORA Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
keep in mind that my spring center to center measurement is with worn out/ flat springs, it would be slightly less if they had any arc to them

This pack is Jed's stock pack which was pretty flat before i even put it on with a 2" add a leaf added to it which helped for a day or two

The previous pack was a mixture of pro comp lift springs and my stock flat worn out pack that i was forced to replace when i broke 2 leaves

·
Registered
3,598 Posts

The only time i have had them hit the body mount is going airborn at speed....the landing was rough lol

I am 3" off the bumpstop at ride height and can go to the stop with no contact....
Could with the stock hanger too iirc to. You have to hit hard and compress the stop in order to contact it and there is room to gain some with some trimming if you had to. Those shackles are 6" eye to eye and i think they are trailgear.

So mine sits 3" higher than yours on roughly 4" bigger tires....you have to divide that by two since only half the tire is adding clearance.....so i have ~1" more suspension height.

My bumpstop strike plates are ~ 5.25" down from the frame and it looks like we have the same stops

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
keep in mind that my spring center to center measurement is with worn out/ flat springs, it would be slightly less if they had any arc to them

This pack is Jed's stock pack which was pretty flat before i even put it on with a 2" add a leaf added to it which helped for a day or two

The previous pack was a mixture of pro comp lift springs and my stock flat worn out pack that i was forced to replace when i broke 2 leaves
Yeah...i thought of that but i really dont think my rear eye ever gets that far back even when flexed.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I am in no way trying to say mine is perfect either...i just hate to see you buy new springs and kill them quick....that sounds expensive :(

·
Registered
179 Posts
my 2 cents is you have to much movement in the shackle for the arch in the springs put alot more angle on the shackle or shorten them. im almost 4 years on my spring pac and only problem is there are no keepers so the always move from alignment.

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Wow, spend a day driving home and I miss a lot. I'll have to go out and measure a bunch of stuff tomorrow. I know the pack I have in the front is from pullapart with pieces from another pack and an add-a-leaf. I am running a degree shim, but I don't think it is as thick as Terry's. I also have the same issue with the drag link being too close to the pack. I can't seem to figure out why other people have all kinds of clearance and Terry and I don't. I had always thought it was because the Trail-gear high-steer arms were shorter. I think what is killing my springs is that my bump stops aren't long enough.

Just thought of something.... Would aftermarket spring perches on the axle give us more room between the pack and the drag link?

·
Registered
179 Posts
i have the trail gear hysteer and no clearance other than touching the frame at stuff. from the one pic why are there so many spacers above the spring perch. i know they say they are different heights but its only a fraction of an in and i dont see the need to have the spacers in there.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Save some $$ for hydro assist and ditch the shims.....the hydro ram will eliminate the death wobble....mine drives awsome even with giant, beat to hell, bias tires lol

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Driver's side:

Passenger's side:

Spring eye to eye is 47"

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
It looks like all you really need to do Jed is set ditch your shims and maybe lower the bumps an inch or so :confused:

What are you running for shackles?

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
Yeah, I know I need to extend my stops. I am running the same budbuilt boomerang shackles as Terry.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
About this Discussion
38 Replies
4 Participants
head
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing