TTORA Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a quick question my dad has a 2012 Tacoma V6 automatic and he needs to know which tires are supposed to spin while in 4WD?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
746 Posts
Smart Ass answer: they will all spin when he's driving :D

I'm assuming you mean which one will have power. One tire in front, one in back. The tire with the least resistance will spin.

·
Registered
13 Posts
With the stabiliy control and other new-fangled features, the ABS braking system clamps the brakes on the spinning wheels to force power to the ones that aren't freely spinning, which helps out a lot (at least in most, normal situations).

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
Smart ass answer #2:

None of them are supposed to be spinning.

The whole idea behind 4WD is traction. The reason why we carry all those extra pieces around with us is because we want our trucks to move, not spin the tires.

Having said that... If you are stuck and the tires are spinning while in 4WD, the one rear tire and one front tire that has the least "Bite" will spin.

Except for when the locker is turned on.

In that case, both rear tires will spin, and one front tire.

Unless you have added a front locker.

In that case, all four tires will spin.

And if you find yourself sitting there looking at a Tacoma that has all four tires spinning away and it's not moving...

You better get out your cellphone and call for help 'cause you are stuck like a motherfucker and it's not going to just drive out of there by it's self.:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts