TTORA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get the Innovate LM-1 with data logging. How is the PLX Devices M-300? Pro and con of each? Installation? User friendly? Thanks.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have the PLX M-300 and it works well. It reads within .2 of the wideband sensor they have at the dyno I go to. Just have the bung welded into the exhaust and you're ready to roll. Look for a used one also, I got mine much cheaper that way off eBay. ($125 vs. $300 new)

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
You have asked the question of them month. Both are very nice units.

To decide which one you want, you need to decide what you want it to do for you and how you plan to use it, and what will you want in the future.

The PLX is a very nice unit and its box makes it easier for hard mounting if you plan to have it and leave it installed in your truck. I have one in each of my trucks mounted in the glove box. Some of our customers have mounted them in their dash so they are visable all the time. It works very nicely in this role.

For tuning, the LM-1 form Innovate is a very high end unit with incredible expandibility. It has data logging ability as a stand alone unit, and has all kinds of expansion add ons. The new AuxBox will allow you to data log all kinds of things like manifold pressure, AFR, RPM, injector duty cycle, EGT, induction air temp, and on and on. It also has a built in accelerometer so when you combine the LM-1 with the AuxBox you have pretty much your own real road dyno. They are also coming out with an extensive gauge line that will all run off of the AuxBox and LM-1.

When tuning my preference is the LM-1, but the PLX is great for a simple hard mount unit.

Anyway, either way you go, you are making a good choice.

Gadget

www.GadgetOnline.com

·
Registered
15 Posts
I too use the Innovative unit and love it! As gadget mentioned there is alot that you can do with this unit as far as tuning control and logging. I give my thumbs up for that!

·
Registered
53 Posts
PLX for me, and it works just fine for my purposes. I'll try and get some dash-mounted pics soon . . . fit it in right at the passenger seat belt indicator light (behind the center dash molding). wired in a switch so it looks stock (right above my dash mounted altimeter/inclinometer).

creed

·
Registered
279 Posts
creed said:
PLX for me, and it works just fine for my purposes. I'll try and get some dash-mounted pics soon . . . fit it in right at the passenger seat belt indicator light (behind the center dash molding). wired in a switch so it looks stock (right above my dash mounted altimeter/inclinometer).

creed
How's that SMT working out for you?

·
Registered
53 Posts
s'OK . . .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts