TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im building my 06 taco reg cab and i know what i want to do up front(king coilovers and camburg uca's) but i cant figure out what shock to run in the back. the 2.5 non coil is what i want but i cant decide what length to buy. they are going on with some j66 deavers. Any helpful hints? not ready for long travel till i start building my 88.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
If 11.5" is right. Donahoe will lose a customer very soon. :D

·
Registered
160 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
yeah cause it say i can fit 35's on aftermarket and 33's on stock, I do wish i had the remote resivoir on my donahoe's they would look pretty sweet cause they match my rear shocks

·
Registered
53 Posts
Yeah they have good travel, I am told by King 11" I also have TC UCA's. So good in fact I ripped my fender flares and dented my fenders in. I had to put glassworks fenders and trim my cab-mounts to allow for full flexibility. I am very happy with the travel and smooth ride! My friend at work has Donahoes cranked in and the ride is super stiff and bumpy, I suggested to relax the height but he wants max lift. He notices a hugh difference when he rides in my truck and admits to it.

·
Registered
2,460 Posts
AllJumpStyle said:
I'd run donahoes over kings any day
I called Donahoe to ask about #s and was told that the Kings are kind of like having extended Donahoes with UCAs. The extra travel of extended COs make them pretty much even. Next time I will research before running my fat mouth. :D

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
x3 on the crappy ride if your have them turned down too much.. But im gonna do it on my double cab cause its heavier than extended cab, so it still kneels in the front I only got 1.5 inches of lift in the front instead of 2 like it should right out the box and the deaver springs gave me 1 inch instead of 1.5
and i they feel to loose every time i take a u-turn my driver side rear wheel come off the ground a little bit and sounds like im burning the tires on purpose, i have the extended dhoe's

·
Registered
1,094 Posts
ryguy said:
Kings have the same btw alljump.. Everything sounds good on paper, but real world is what matters..

x2 on the crappy ride if your have them turned down too much..

PS. I feel the kings and Dhoes (extended) are the same performance. However, kings give you resi to keep your shocks cooler. To have your kings rebuilt, almost anyone can do it. As for Dhoes, only DR will rebuild them. One other thing to point out, it really depends on what you do with your truck. For instances, If you are racing, I would only go with Foxes.. Almost 90% of people out there will rebuild on site if your shock need rebuild. Dhoe does not have anything out there for any other truck other than their sponsered. They will help you out, great guys, but they dont bring out stuff to rebuild everyones shocks. King has some support, but its not as much as Fox.

That being said, and I dont want to get into VS. threads too much. I think for 98% of the people out there, Kings or Dhoes (Extended) will do great. You wont see hardly any difference between the 2 for light offroading and mostly onroad. Anyways.. hope this helps.
Ummm, do you know what you're talking about? There's so much bullshit in here I had a hard time reading it...

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Bolt in Kings don't have resi's. Also if you're that serious you can add a resi to a Donahoe via Schrader valve if need be. Also, that extra oil keeps things cooler sure, if the bolt in Kings had them but really that extra fluid is there to help the compression/rebound valving. There's not enough fluid in there to really help the viscosity and make a difference in the long run IMO.

Anyone can rebuild a Donahoe, King, SAW, Fox, Radflo...all the same internals, just different materials each one is made out of, ie. seals, shafts etc. It's not rocket science. I run Fox's and only SKG/Fox are the ones who touch them for the most part. I don't think I can take them to King anytime soon :rolleyes: wow...

·
Premium Member
525 Posts
ryguy said:
PS. I feel the kings and Dhoes (extended) are the same performance. However, kings give you resi to keep your shocks cooler. To have your kings rebuilt, almost anyone can do it. As for Dhoes, only DR will rebuild them. One other thing to point out, it really depends on what you do with your truck. For instances, If you are racing, I would only go with Foxes.. Almost 90% of people out there will rebuild on site if your shock need rebuild. Dhoe does not have anything out there for any other truck other than their sponsered. They will help you out, great guys, but they dont bring out stuff to rebuild everyones shocks. King has some support, but its not as much as Fox.
ummmmm. WTF?!?! WAJ.

People, learn how to rebuild them yourselves. Don't be skurrreed. On that note, get valving suggestions from the pros hahaha

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
About this Discussion
37 Replies
14 Participants
ryguy
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing