TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the original post that started this thread. See below for current infomation about this trip. Check out the "edit" date to see when I last updated.
hawkonthewing said:
It's booked. Who wants to go?

Here's the deal. We will be on the trail at the same time as the NORCAL group but they don't have a camp site in the middle of the trail available for us. There is room for 6 rigs at Hardscabble on the 18th. Then 6 rigs at Airport the next night. I'm thinking that would allow us to get there kind of late on the 18th and make it to camp without too much trouble. The 19th would be a 50 mile day and we probably would not catch the other group unless we started early and they started late. From Airport we would not have far to go to get out so we could probably make some of the activities in Moab on the 20th. Or I guess we could just cruise on out in the dark on the 19th and skip the second campsite if we were so inclined.

Here's the map - http://www.nps.gov/cany/planyourvisit/upload/island.pdf

Sorry Cruz and Prodigy. I wish you guys could get free. But the Cruise does sound nice.

Jump in if you can go. I'll give priority to those who wanted to go with the NORCAL peeps (with the exception of myself, of course) but didn't get on.
I have two permits for 3 rigs each. That's a total of 6 rigs.

These are peeps who are signed up:
1. hawkonthewing (FJ) Mark & Chris
2. RedRunnertc & Lysmachia (4Runner) Troy & Molly
3. march2304 (SUPER Taco) Brandon
4. fjcruzer (guess) Eric
5. TheMike (Jeep) Mike, Vic, & Grace
6. Richard & Stephanie - NorCal

We are full at this point. I think everyone on the tally is good to go. I don't expect more changes, but you never know what can happen. So post up if you want to be an alternate.

What might happen:
We are meeting at the Island in the Sky visiter center some time (TBD) Tueday afternoon. Stay posted.

Richard/Stephanie are getting to Moab Monday, I think. Troy/Molly are trying to get to Moab on Monday as well but I haven't heard how that might be effected by Troy's busted CV on Saturday. Lindsey (Law) from Texas is in Moab now waiting for us. He's a long time TTORA wheeler and a great guy. He will ride with one of us. I'm thinking Brandon or Eric.

Mark/Chris, Mike/Vic/Grace, Eric, and Brandon are meeting at the Shell station at the main Glenwood exit at 10:00 AM Tuesday and will caravan to Island in the Sky together. We are all planning to meet at the Island in the Sky Visiters Center at 3:00 PM or earlier. The trekkers will report on their progress to the Moab peeps as they go along.

At this point it looks like Troy/Molly and Eric are booting out to Moab Wednesday night and Mark/Chris, Mike/Vic, Richard/Steph, and possibly Brandon are camping at Airport campsite. The Wednesday night campers are planning on getting out early enough to fuel up and make the Poison Spider run Thursday.

Mark/Chris and Mike/Vic are planning to head for Colorado Friday morning. Mark/Chris will drop off in Grand Junction along the way. Lindsey is heading back to work on Wednesday. The rest will stay for more TTORA Moab runs.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, that's right. You have to go. So is that two rigs or one?

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
You're killin' me!! That's my wifes second week at her new job, so no bustin' loose from that:mad: When's retirement start?????

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Sorry, Cruz. Obviously, I was trying to plan this for when the rest of the TTORA folks are going to be on the same trail. As it is working out, we would start on the opposite end the same day they do. The 18th we would be at the Hardscabble campsite while they are at Murphy Hogback.

The next day we will all meet on the trail:dualing: They will be back in Moab that night and we will have the option of camping at Airport Campsite one more night if we want to.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
That will be one rig for White rim. Troy and I will ride together so I can be camera bitch! LOL

Oh and thanks for getting the permit Hawk! This is an AWESOME trail!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That will be one rig for White rim. Troy and I will ride together so I can be camera bitch! LOL

Oh and thanks for getting the permit Hawk! This is an AWESOME trail!
No problem Molly. I'm really glad you guys can come. We're looking forward to it.

As the paperwork gets worked out on the permits, there has to be two permits for six rigs. One permit just covers three rigs. I'll keep my name on one and then maybe you could do the second one. Is that OK? Meanwhile I have the six reserved.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
As the paperwork gets worked out on the permits, there has to be two permits for six rigs. One permit just covers three rigs. I'll keep my name on one and then maybe you could do the second one. Is that OK? Meanwhile I have the six reserved.
Actually, I just checked to confirm the reservation and found that the second permit thing doesn't have to be dealt with until we show up at Island in the Sky. No worries:cool:

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Sorry, Cruz. Obviously, I was trying to plan this for when the rest of the TTORA folks are going to be on the same trail. As it is working out, we would start on the opposite end the same day they do. The 18th we would be at the Hardscabble campsite while they are at Murphy Hogback.

The next day we will all meet on the trail:dualing: They will be back in Moab that night and we will have the option of camping at Airport Campsite one more night if we want to.
No worries! I'm just jealous... but then again I'm in Moab for three days as I type this, so can't bitch too much :D
Did Elephant Hill today, Steelbender tomorrow, and Sunday ???

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Swe-e-e-t:woot: How are those custom seat heaters working for ya?:D

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Man I am already salivating for the white rim trip. When Troy took us off the list of the Norcal group without asking me I almost murdered him. But he had a point - there was a huge waiting list and we had already gone. Still Moab is my most favorite place in the world - I couldn't shut up about Moab to the Kiwi's when I lived in New Zealand for 5 months! I think I am an addict!

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Swe-e-e-t:woot: How are those custom seat heaters working for ya?:D
I'm certain that there are several obstacles I would have been unable to negotiate without them :D

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
LOL - this is going to be a great crew for this run - we;ll need to recruit more CoTTORA folks to fill the gaps but I am sure that will not be a problem!

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
LOL - this is going to be a great crew for this run - we;ll need to recruit more CoTTORA folks to fill the gaps but I am sure that will not be a problem!
Oh sure, rub it in Molly!! I guess me and my seat heaters will be just fine thank you! :D

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Oh sure, rub it in Molly!! I guess me and my seat heaters will be just fine thank you! :D
Oh C'mon Eric... you just gotta go!!!!! PLEASE?!?!

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
:woot: I got the reservation forms from the BLM today (04/16/08). It's all good. So far here is who is on the list:

hawkonthewing (Mark & Chris)
Lysmachia & RedRunnerTC (Molly & Troy)
Joe (a buddy of mine from GJ with a 98 4Runner)

We still (as of 05/22/07) have 3 more spots that are up for grabs. I'll update this list as more peeps get on board. There is a second TTORA group organized by Mike out of NORCAL that will be on the trail at the same time. Both trips are happening right before the big 4 day TTora weekend in Moab. Don't miss it. We expect to meet the other group head-on on the trial at some point. TTORA will basicaly have this trail surrounded. Check out the NORCAL thread at http://www.ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=58927

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
Hmm, I asked for the time off and was planning on coming out for a few days, but I thought all the White Rim slots were full...:confused:

Edit: Guess there's room! Here's the deal... In September I might get promoted, my resign and might start school in Denver, or a new job in Denver, or maybe none of the above. For right now I'm planning on being in Moab for this though! Unfortunately, since it's Kat's second week t work she cannot come, so I'll have a shotgun seat available.

1 - 20 of 154 Posts