TTORA Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, this is my first post. Been trying to get some answers or ideas why this is happening but almost every cold start on my 2017 Tacoma Access cab (SR5 V6 4x4) with 35k miles, it blows some pretty heavy white steam/smoke for about 15-20 seconds and then doesn’t come back rest of day. Would the valve seals be going already?? No other issues exist with drivability. This is my 5th tacoma/4runner and I’ve never had an issue like this, not even 280k!! Appreciate the advise, glad to find this!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thx for replying, yes it’s def just steam, I even held my hand near it for a while and smelled it and didn’t get any hint of coolant so I’m guessing it’s just water/condensation but I’ve never seen that much on any of my trucks before. I’m taking it in next week to the Toyota dealership I bought it from for some other maintenance and to get some more info on it. Thx again for the reply.

Matt

·
Administrator
18,301 Posts
Keep in mind that one of the byproducts of the exhaust catalyst system is water. When the engine is at temp, the water vaporizes and you'll barely notice any steam. When the engine is cold and during colder air temps, the condensation is more obvious.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts