TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was thinkin about maybe goin to Whitesburg over spring break(first week of april) as long as somebody else would go with me.....i know that some of yall are goin to the Kentucky run on the 1st...but i just wanted to see if anybody could go...mainly becuase this would be my somewhat first real wheelin trip and im a prerunner(so maybe alittle bit of whichin will be needed) and i would like to get to know some of you guys

i dont HAVE to do this..i just thought it would be a good idea...thanks

also, yes i DID post this in the land use section but i thought it might get more attention here

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
man, the trails in whitesburg have some mud holes that 44s sink into and never dry up all year. There are some hills on the trails that you really do not need to entertain w/ just a prerunner either. The place isn't that great, it would take you maybe an hour to figure the place out and then become board w/ it. Not to dash your hopes of going out there, but i'm just explaining the terrain to you. If I was you, North ga has more interesting stuff to find than whitesburg.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright...thanks....i might go up there instead

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Hey man - when is your spring break? There is a lot of fun up around Tray Mtn, and Coopers Creek, and stuff just above Helen, Ga. Check for it, there are a couple of threads on it, both by myself, and misterzee. I might be interested in a ride.

·
Registered
8,499 Posts
04 Rocko Taco said:
Hey man - when is your spring break? There is a lot of fun up around Tray Mtn, and Coopers Creek, and stuff just above Helen, Ga. Check for it, there are a couple of threads on it, both by myself, and misterzee. I might be interested in a ride.

his spring break starts today ;)

oh wtf is with the time of college spring break? mine was the first week in march. its still cold at that time even in flordia. i went to pc last year and it was dead, and the water was freezing. anyway i thought i would rant about that cause its freaking retarded. i could have cared less this year cause i just worked all spring break but whaterver...

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
We're off that week too. Gotta a honey do list a mile long, with a living room re-paint at the top of the list. :eek: (Hey Kyle, see what you have to look forward to :p !!)

Was thinking about a day trip up that way; during the week though. Trout season is open so I suspect more traffic during the weekend. Ooo, might have to wet a hook!

Ya'll lemme know what day your think'n, we'll figure a way to slip out.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
right ON, the big boy is coming home for Easter, next weekend and I'm SURE we'll be heading to Cooper or Tray one of those days... if i can find out, i'll let ya know, it would be kool to get a few together. Whitey needs a workout!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I might be able to make wherever whenever...I do have to make it back to TN by Sat evening however

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
yo - 4in, where in cleveland, abouts?
I'm out off of white oak valley road, off of HWY 64, goin towards Dayton....where you be?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I'm off of Frontage Rd, just N of 75 on Paul Huff

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Nice. We'll have to get together to do some wheelin soon.
PM Sent.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
hey Chris, did you move up to TN ?
OK, looks like at least 2 of us are going to Cooper on Friday. Anyone want to meet up there at Suches, or further south, and ride up, or whatever... :D

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
No, mike, I'm still down in Douglasville, west of the ATL. But my girlfriend lives in cleveland, so I am up there most weekends. I would love to join you guys this weekend, but we're heading out to memphis to go to Cort's dad's house.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
Indeed sir!!

·
Registered
3,984 Posts
OK, looks like at least 2 of us are going to Cooper on Friday. Anyone want to meet up there at Suches, or further south, and ride up, or whatever... :D[/QUOTE]

Fri should be ok provided I get all my "chores" done! :rolleyes:
Suches is good for us.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
when u say ur goin to on friday, does that mean that u are goin up friday and wheelin on saturday, or r u goin to wheel on friday?

anyways i MIGHT be able to do it....i cant commit but i would love to go

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Plan is to go up there Friday morning and do some wheeling. Its about 90 minutes from "here", and the actual loop takes a couple hours if you go slow. 10am might be a little early because a couple of ppl in the party are college-age... if you know what i'm sayin. ;-) if you're coming from Marietta, you could come east and catch us and we'll travel up there.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
idk bout them college kids....but us high school kids dont like to get up all that early either :rolleyes:

anyways, ur comin and leavin on friday, ok sounds good......Im actually up here right now(we got a house at lake burton) but we are going back home on wednesday so im not sure if i will want to come back up but once again i would love to, just cant commit to it yet

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
idk bout them college kids....but us high school kids dont like to get up all that early either :rolleyes:

anyways, ur comin and leavin on friday, ok sounds good......Im actually up here right now(we got a house at lake burton) but we are going back home on wednesday so im not sure if i will want to come back up but once again i would love to, just cant commit to it yet
heh heh, yep, there it is, these 'kids' they dont wanna get outta bed, nor do they want to commit... :confused:

Burton is awesome, I suppose you ride around up there on Tray mountain a lot, since its just down the road...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts