TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
7,735 Posts
I used Englewood Driveshaft in littleton for 4 different shafts and was disappointed with the results (extra charge for balancing, get D/S's that aren't even true, let alone balanced).

I know of others that have had very good results. Guess I'd chalk them up to hit/miss

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
Yeah, I used Bill's Englewood Driveshaft for my front and rear. He gave me good prices, and worked quickly. I do need to get my front re-balanced, it has a slight vibration at speeds higher than 40.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
When my rig was first built with the SAS/lift and dual T-cases Jacob went to Driveline Service of Boulder. Like Doug with the DS shop he went to, I too was disappointed with Driveline Service of Boulder. I spent a ton of money to get those shafts done and they didn't re-build the CVs.

Recently, I had my rig in up at Addicted Off-Road and Scotty took my rear DS to his drive shaft guy and had them rebuilt and rebalanced. I've been pretty happy so far.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
There is a driveline shop by my house, had them
Re boot my cvs.

Forgot the name. Maybe rocky mtn drive line.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
When my rig was first built with the SAS/lift and dual T-cases Jacob went to Driveline Service of Boulder. Like Doug with the DS shop he went to, I too was disappointed with Driveline Service of Boulder. I spent a ton of money to get those shafts done and they didn't re-build the CVs.

Recently, I had my rig in up at Addicted Off-Road and Scotty took my rear DS to his drive shaft guy and had them rebuilt and rebalanced. I've been pretty happy so far.
Boulder did a nice job on mine. I had some vibes but thought it was my pinion angle before. Could have been cause it went away with the new axles. now i have a vibe and am looking for a new place to go too. I never thought Drive shaft builds would cost so much. To have mine rebuilt the first time it was like $400!:eek:

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Boulder did a nice job on mine. I had some vibes but thought it was my pinion angle before. Could have been cause it went away with the new axles. now i have a vibe and am looking for a new place to go too. I never thought Drive shaft builds would cost so much. To have mine rebuilt the first time it was like $400!:eek:
My rear DS was a bit more than that and my front was around $800.

Thats because I had 'em re-tubed to thicker walls and changed the length. The front I believe has an All-Pro Slip Yoke built in it. At least thats what Scotty thinks it is.

Regardless, I would have thought that spending that much bread would have included rebuilding the CVs. Guess not, unless they forgot to do it and I got charged for it anyway. :mad:

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
I got both of mine done for less than $500. That included being re-tubed with thicker material, machining my rear CV joint for higher clearance, and a new carrier bearing. That joint now has at least 35 degrees of angle in one direction, way more than stock 84-85 CV's. I don't remember if I had new u-joints thrown in or not. I also had him install my Marlin long slip at the same time.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I got both of mine done for less than $500. That included being re-tubed with thicker material, machining my rear CV joint for higher clearance, and a new carrier bearing. That joint now has at least 35 degrees of angle in one direction, way more than stock 84-85 CV's. I don't remember if I had new u-joints thrown in or not. I also had him install my Marlin long slip at the same time.
Yeah, I had a feeling that I was paying too much.

·
7,735 Posts
The long slip isn't cheap. If you bought it from the D/S shop (I did thru englewood), then the price goes up quite a bit.

If you want to feel better about the $$$, call up Tom Woods, Reel or High Angle where $800 is an average cost.

I might take mine back down to Englewood and give them another shot at fixing the ones they already made. The down side to that shop is 9-5 and down in Littleton, I end up having to take half a day off work to drive down from Loveland to drop off the shafts.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
My rear DS was a bit more than that and my front was around $800.

Thats because I had 'em re-tubed to thicker walls and changed the length. The front I believe has an All-Pro Slip Yoke built in it. At least thats what Scotty thinks it is.

Regardless, I would have thought that spending that much bread would have included rebuilding the CVs. Guess not, unless they forgot to do it and I got charged for it anyway. :mad:
I did the same deal but I had the long spline front section. The front was an 85 shaft had to swap the tg part on and retube it in 120wa the rear shaft was an ifs front shaft needing retube and lengthened. Same tube.

Your was much more.

·
Registered
7,910 Posts
Driveline specialties (i think thats what their name is, pretty sure) by the flea market on the frontage road on the east side of I76 between 88th and 96th. Great guys to deal with, the owner is a wheeler and understands the concept.

Not to mention, they're more than reasonably priced. I just had them redo my rear shaft when I stretched the truck, $75 to retube with .120 wall, and I had it back within 24 hours, balanced and everything.

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
I all be hitting them up. Mine has some vibes. Think I knocked the weights off.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thanks everyone for the feedback! i ended up using driveline specialties and so far i'm very happy. dropped it off yesterday and was surprised to get a call this morning saying it was ready! they did good work and the price was very reasonable! assuming there are no vibes when i get it installed, i would definitely recommend them

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
thanks everyone for the feedback! i ended up using driveline specialties and so far i'm very happy. dropped it off yesterday and was surprised to get a call this morning saying it was ready! they did good work and the price was very reasonable! assuming there are no vibes when i get it installed, i would definitely recommend them
The have done a few for me and do good work. Just be sure and tell them your tire size and gear ratio.

·
Registered
5,474 Posts
Balance for X
Rpm

1 - 20 of 20 Posts