TTORA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be buying some dual rate coilovers in a couple weeks. 10'' 2.5 shock, looking at running a 600lb on top and 700lb on bottom. Not sure on the company yet. 3 choices, Bilstein-Fox-Radflo. The latter is the cheapest by far which is making me lean in that direction. I was wondering what you guys paid for all your coils and shocks combined and any general feedback you have. I'm not too familiar with dual rates so any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Oh they're going on a TC kit and will be mounted via double shear hoop tied to an engine cage.

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Sounds nice. Any reason why you decided to squeeze it in? I know Shroom has double rates with his Burg kit, not sure if he had them on his Total Chaos kit before I yoinked it. 600/700 is pretty damn stiff man, I'd ease it up a bit in the front...I'd say like 250/350 or something along those lines. A 700 alone will made it ride stiff as a rock. I got discounts on all my stuff brand new but I paid about $1,000 for my Fox coilovers/Eibachs. If you're going to go with Radflo send me a PM I might be able to hook you up...

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Tweeter said:
Sounds nice. Any reason why you decided to squeeze it in? I know Shroom has double rates with his Burg kit, not sure if he had them on his Total Chaos kit before I yoinked it. 600/700 is pretty damn stiff man, I'd ease it up a bit in the front...I'd say like 250/350 or something along those lines. A 700 alone will made it ride stiff as a rock. I got discounts on all my stuff brand new but I paid about $1,000 for my Fox coilovers/Eibachs. If you're going to go with Radflo send me a PM I might be able to hook you up...
Ah yes I stand corrected. What was I thinking with two springs on top of each other with rates like that. 10'' I believe will let me grab one more inch of travel. Also, from the looks of it bilstein doesn't sell a 8'' dual rate coilover. Oh and I talked to Glenn, he said he'd hook it up. :p

·
Registered
4,613 Posts
Factor said:
Ah yes I stand corrected. What was I thinking with two springs on top of each other with rates like that. 10'' I believe will let me grab one more inch of travel. Also, from the looks of it bilstein doesn't sell a 8'' dual rate coilover. Oh and I talked to Glenn, he said he'd hook it up. :p
Yea you want the grand total to be about 500-600 since your 2WD with a V6. Just a suggestion :rolleyes: Yea I'd go Fox before Radflo just cause that's me...but if talked to Glenn I'd go Radflo because you can get your crap rebuilt/revalved at the same place/same time. Just a thought...

·
Registered
513 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tweeter said:
Yea you want the grand total to be about 500-600 since your 2WD with a V6. Just a suggestion :rolleyes: Yea I'd go Fox before Radflo just cause that's me...but if talked to Glenn I'd go Radflo because you can get your crap rebuilt/revalved at the same place/same time. Just a thought...
I'll prob go with 600 just to be safe. Only issue with radflo I have is their shim stacks. They're too damn thick and I guess he doesn't have any thinner ones.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I'm thinking about going dual rate as well, to soften up initial compression on small bumps and stuff. Hopefully combined with a flutter stack. Not sure if you can do it with an 8" coilcarrier on a standard TC kit, only cuz I've never seen it, but I don't see why not. But I'm thinking a 300ish on top of a 600 or 550. You don't add the two springs to get a "total" spring rate. Doesn't work like that. Think about it, if you had a 600 on top of a 600, they would both compress equally, and there would be no difference in spring rate. (ie: it wouldn't be equal to one 1200# spring)

Check out this common TT-Prerunner setup:

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I talked to Nicole and apparently you can't run dual rates with an 8" shock. The coils will bind before the shaft bottoms out. I was worried about this but the math in my head seemed to clear but it looks like I was wrong.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts