TTORA Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok just like the title says: who has good deals on brake rotors? i need new rotors for my 2000 tacoma 4wd. i would prefer slotted rotors but i'll settle for non slotted rotors. whats a good price to pay for new rotors? and where can i find them?

thanks in advance...dalton

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
bigd9247 said:
ok just like the title says: who has good deals on brake rotors? i need new rotors for my 2000 tacoma 4wd. i would prefer slotted rotors but i'll settle for non slotted rotors. whats a good price to pay for new rotors? and where can i find them?

thanks in advance...dalton
Autozone, napa, kragen, etc.. will carry replacements for around $30 to $40 a piece. People on here run irotors.com setup, or wheelersoffroad.com setup.. for slotted. A bit more $$ and you'll have to wait for them. They also recomend you use the pad they have as well.

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
Thought this was some interesting info on slotted rotors from www.wilwood.com:

"Q: Why are some rotors drilled or slotted?
A: Rotors are drilled to reduce rotating weight, an issue near and dear to racers searching for ways to minimize unsprung weight. Drilling diminishes a rotor's durability and cooling capacity.

Slots or grooves in rotor faces are partly a carryover from the days of asbestos pads. Asbestos and other organic pads were prone to "glazing" and the slots tended to help "scrape or de-glaze" them. Drilling and slotting rotors has become popular in street applications for their pure aesthetic value. Wilwood has a large selection of drilled and slotted rotors for a wide range of applications."

Link is at: http://www.wilwood.com/Centers/Information/Pages/faqs.asp#question7

Funny how a brake company that sells drilled and slotted rotors implicitly advises to go with solid (non-slotted) rotors.

Anyway, as for the best prices, I have no idea, but I've heard good things about Brembo and Bendix.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Pep boys had some decent looking drilled ones for like 49.95 a piece. Not sure of their quality though. Just saw them in the latest flier.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i guess i really dont care if they are slotted/drilled or not... i just want some quality rotors that are affordable. anyone know how much toyota replacements are?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts