TTORA Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has any pics of their shock mounting locations? I was thinking of doing a hoop up behind the rear seat. That way I could have better compression and droop for the shocks. Any thoughts on it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats is what I was thinking of. I was thinking of going a little farther up. If it does that good I may just keep it below the floor boards.

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
that is definetly not what u want to do. running your shocks like that cuts down on there ability to dampen greatly 50% or more in some cases. you want to keep em as straight to verticle as you can. what ive learned is bilstein 7100 12 inch shorty body(10 in body) in the stock location

·
Registered
274 Posts
that is definetly not what u want to do. running your shocks like that cuts down on there ability to dampen greatly 50% or more in some cases. you want to keep em as straight to verticle as you can. what ive learned is bilstein 7100 12 inch shorty body(10 in body) in the stock location
This is guy is right about cutting the dampening ability down, but for a trail rig having the shocks at an angle may not be such a bad thing. Opinions vary on this subject though. I've seen quite a few rigs set up like Terry's and they wheel and drive just fine. A stiffer shock could compensate for the angle too.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
you do realize that 1000's of trucks have been built with shocks tilted in like that and they work just fine.

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
true on the dampening but it's not that big of deal, nearly every flexy rig has their shocks mounted like that and a lot are daily driven and have made 1000+mile road trips

while your setup may offer better handling on road, I'd be willing to bet I have far more wheel travel than you off road, next time I have my truck at work I'll have to measure but I think I'd have to have way more than 10-12in travel in the stock location to get the type of flex I'm getting

·
Mr. President
1,254 Posts
I would agree if we were driving 60+ mph through the desert, but when you never exceed 5-10 mph on the trails, flex is a bit more important.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts