TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it Shannon? Maybe ShowStop? HardTaco? The disappearance of Supersized? The realization that the deckplate did nothing? Gadget was wrong about wheels being lug centric? Someone f'ed up and made this place a ghost town.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I wonder if the db that runs this site now realizes that the tech section only goes to 04? That only leaves out 14 years of trucks! Someone should clean up all the sections and make TTORA great again.

·
Registered
128 Posts
The good thing is that despite it being a ghost-town compared to what it used to be, there are still enough people here to answer questions without having to deal with all the bullshit and drama of trolls and idiots.

·
Registered
843 Posts
Seeing it happen now on a fj cruiser forum i used to frequent. People there saying Facebook and social media took people off forums.

It’s probably half a dozen issues that killed this one
New models coming out taco,fjc, etc
Adds making it not load quickly
People using mobile devices more
People growing out of off-roading into family’s etc
The frames rusting quicker leading to trucks being crushed
Inflated resale prices

Seems like not a lot of good trucks out there forsale. I was looking for a good 01-04 a few years back for a weekend vehicle but ended up getting a 40 series and addicted to those instead

I see a good number of people still interested in the 4runners from similar generations but not as many in the tacos. I think deals are to be found buying the 4runners compared to the tacos.
Ragged out Tacoma’s on Craigslist within 500 miles of me are double what they should be

I do miss driving my 01 taco. feeling the power kick in downshifting... awesome motor the 3.4 is, and good size truck not to big for trails.
My fjc feels heavy and while it has a good motor the size and power don’t give me the fun factor quite like the Tacoma did but I can’t seem to sell it something about it I’m attached to. So it sits next to my 40 for weekend drives while I daily drive a heartless other modern Japan brand 4 banger and rack on the miles

Maybe this forum could see some new life but would need to add the new models like mentioned in posts above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
305 Posts
I was somewhat active on this site. I went on a few runs with some of the guys from here. Always were really cool people. I had the chance to meet Steve (green single cab), Showstop and sparky. This was about 7 years ago or so. It was always very active.

·
OnlyHereForTheTires
4,185 Posts
all the cool people got old.

and all the new people were douche bags.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts