TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am going to be installing Camburgs LT kit on my rig probably at the end of spring. I had talked to a member on this site about bypass shocks and it seems like that is something that I don't need if I am going to go on the weekends off roding. Are hydraulic bump stops something that I am going to need if after installing my long travel kit?

·
Registered
205 Posts
for the most part a bump is a bump. everyone has their favorite color. Fox and King are the highest quality parts. Fox is better if you live near ocean too, higher quality finish. King is a little overpriced but still its all preference.

can't go wrong with fox anything

·
Registered
105 Posts
Or , you can reuse your stock bumps , just take them off the lca and drill and tap the frame. That's how my burg kit is set up and it works fine. I actually used one stock bump (bigger of the two) and one Daystar EVS foam bump 2.5 tall on each side

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Or , you can reuse your stock bumps , just take them off the lca and drill and tap the frame. That's how my burg kit is set up and it works fine. I actually used one stock bump (bigger of the two) and one Daystar EVS foam bump 2.5 tall on each side

i need to do this. i dont have any bumps on right now. how you like those daystar bumps?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
i have a burg kit on a 07 taco with fox bumps, not complaints here. dont skimp and dont do any mickey mouse shit just save up a bit more. itll be worth it in the end and youll never second guess while offroading your ride

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Ya i have no bumps with my kit and i fucked my stock bumper up cuz of it... anyway im just gunna save for bypasses and skip bumps. Cuz once you got deavers out back and bypasses it will out perform just having coilovers upfront. Hince the bypasses

If you get bumpstops i recommend Fox's and make sure there 2.0x2.5"

·
Registered
322 Posts
Ya i have no bumps with my kit and i fucked my stock bumper up cuz of it... anyway im just gunna save for bypasses and skip bumps. Cuz once you got deavers out back and bypasses it will out perform just having coilovers upfront. Hince the bypasses

If you get bumpstops i recommend Fox's and make sure there 2.0x2.5"
how did you fuck up your bumper by not having bumps?

·
Registered
127 Posts
You're still gonna bottem out at the same place, hydraulic bumps are just gonna slow it down
i think it had to do with him having the icon coilovers. they gave a wee bit more travel than the saws or foxes that usually come with the camburg kit, and with no bumps and the shock not really limiting the comprssion like the kit was engineered, the tire hit...or something. someone feel free to chime in if im talking out my ass

1 - 20 of 47 Posts