TTORA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All i can find is a 2'' or larger body lift.....who carries a 1''?

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Nope. Extend fuel filler neck, drop radiator shroud, not to mention possible wiring and shifter modification. Stick with 1".

·
truck ~n~ tow
10,917 Posts
GOT COPE? said:
Nope. Extend fuel filler neck, drop radiator shroud, not to mention possible wiring and shifter modification. Stick with 1".
Though I agree with that choice...

I had to do most of those... even with the 1" BL...

Exception was the fill neck... (which only needed to be spaced out with some washers on the mount bracket)... And the steering extension... (which I installed anyhow)...

Rad. drop really was a must... (Too close to the fan blades for comfort... IMO)... as well as relocating the shifter plate rearward 1/2" and trimming the rearward opening 1/4" (maybe different for autos :dunno: )...

No wiring issue with a 1" BL... But much more possible as you attempt a 2" or better...

I'd also recommend or consider replacement of the OEM Body mounts to the E.S. Body Mounts... Especially on trucks with high mileage or simply older... (Tired OEM stuff just moves to much... IMO)
( I had to do shiat twice when I failed to do this the 1st time :rolleyes: )

Stick to the 1" BL... For ease of installation and durability/reliabilty... and safety... ;)

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys, gonna stick with the 1'' BL. By the way, it is a 2002 extra cab, auto trans, 4wd tacoma.

·
NorCal Chapter Pres
12,202 Posts
You can't go wrong with the 4crawler BL. Excellent service and much better than any other kit out there.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What is the best way to jack up the body? On some links it looks like people are using the old bumper jacks to jack up the body.

·
Big tars, little bed.
8,407 Posts
Just put something soft (like a towel) between the body and the jack. And only lift enough to slide the pucks in.

·
Registered
401 Posts
dillsky said:
What is the best way to jack up the body? On some links it looks like people are using the old bumper jacks to jack up the body.
'round here we call them hi lift jacks

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Im assuming i can rent them(hi lift jacks) from the local auto parts store(Salvo's)?????

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
About this Discussion
12 Replies
7 Participants
dillsky
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing