TTORA Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Stinks like fish
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know who is associated with Tough Country Products out of Texas but they should be noted as irresponsible and causing a stir. Here is a link to a thread on a local fishing board concerning it. Associated links can be found within the thread.

http://www.corpusfishing.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?t=1352

· Stinks like fish
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
That's could be all that they're talking about. If it's near the tide line it doesn't hurt for more than a tidal cylce as the next high tide will fill in the ruts. If that's as bad as it get's I'll retract this post. I have done my share of donuts in the sand and it could be making the going tougher and rougher for some locals.

But if they were doing the dunes or vegatation or mud flats then they were breaking the law. Not having access to the pictures that were originally refered too I am at a loss if this is irresponsible wheeleres or local blowhards, the effect is the same though.

· Premium Member
6,547 Posts
Bryanccfshr said:
What are the rules out there? Is it an open area, or do you have to stay on the beach? Is it posted to stay on the beach?

If someone is in a random off-limits area and they don't know any better, then about all you can do is educate them.

If someone drove over a 'stay on the trail' sign and started tearing stuff up, then turn them over to law enforcement.

Later,
....Mike

· Stinks like fish
1,326 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
Mike said:
What are the rules out there? Is it an open area, or do you have to stay on the beach? Is it posted to stay on the beach?

If someone is in a random off-limits area and they don't know any better, then about all you can do is educate them.

If someone drove over a 'stay on the trail' sign and started tearing stuff up, then turn them over to law enforcement.

Later,
....Mike
It is illegal and posted not to drive in the dunes, mudflats or grasslands. The beach falls under state highway regulations, their are very limited and marked trails back island aka behind the dunes and verty limited points of entry that are gated and closed when back island conditions are to wet that can cause rutting and vegatatation damage due to users taking bypasses around holes that are wet and deep during wet times of closure. Drivin g on the nasty salt marsh is not only histaricly stupid(hey I have learned too) it is extremely damaging. This group is touting themselves as an offroad adventures club as well as being assosiated with a fabrication shop supplying the aftermarket. More should be expected.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.