TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We gotta gets some threads going in this folder.

·
Banned
1,521 Posts
21' motor boat full of junk plus the bed full behind a 02 tundra to Havasu every spring.. no complaints here.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I pull my Heep with mine; not exactly the same as a big diesel, but it manages to get the 6,500#'s down the road.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have tweaked mine a bit in the form of a rear sway bar, R9000x's, and an AAL to match the ride height of the Kings in front....all these mods made towing more stable.

I still find that it is somewhat sensistive to tongue weight though.

The 32's, on the other hand, have left me shopping for some 4.30's.

·
<null>
1,805 Posts
It's sad the New 4runner is rated to tow more than the Tundra....

I'll get a Tundra if it ever breaks the 9000 lbs towing capacity mark.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rated for, and capable of are two different things.

I agree that the Tundra is anything but a tow beast; maybe one day Toyota will build a true fullsize.

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
The most I've towed was a early 90's honda accord on a tow dolly. The truck towed without a hiccup. I've had my tundra towed on a trailer from Uhaul with another tundra. Didn't experience many inclines and higher elevations but, it pulled it really well.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mike, got any recent pics of the SAS? :cool:

Scott, you just plain suck...a brand new CTD, a Killer-T100, AND a Runner...how many trucks do you need? ;)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Murderman said:
Mike, got any recent pics of the SAS? :cool:

Scott, you just plain suck...a brand new CTD, a Killer-T100, AND a Runner...how many trucks do you need? ;)
these three will do it for a while.

·
always a Toyota lover at heart
1,114 Posts
what do you think about a Chevy 2500/Dodge 2500 or Ford F-250??
I am trying to find myself a tow rig, too
Looking at a 1994 Chevy 2500 ext cab 4x4 tomorrow!!!
it has 120K and they are asking $5995, I think it is a fair price, but I am going to try and get it for $4500.
wish me good luck!

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
dyogim said:
The most I've towed was a early 90's honda accord on a tow dolly. The truck towed without a hiccup. I've had my tundra towed on a trailer from Uhaul with another tundra. Didn't experience many inclines and higher elevations but, it pulled it really well.

That's a funny looking Accord.

·
Registered
64 Posts
tundra hauler

I pull my SAS taco just about everywhere I go and it pulls it really well. I stayed up with a s/c'ed taco on all those passed going to and from Moab. I do have to admit it though. The Tundra could use a little bit more stability in the rear but for a half ton, it has impressed me. The 04 Tundras have 285 horsepower instead of my 02 that has 239 or something like that. and toyota is supposedly coming out with a 3/4 ton heavy duty with a cat diesel!!! for 06. That's when I'll be turning my Tundra into a baja machine and buying an 06.

·
Premium Member
800 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
charga71 said:
I pull my SAS taco just about everywhere I go and it pulls it really well. I stayed up with a s/c'ed taco on all those passed going to and from Moab.
Not to be rude, but having pulled my Heep many times with the Tundra, and having owned a S/C Taco for six years, I call BS!

What tires and gears are you running in the Tundra?

On a more positive note, I put a Hellwig rear swaybar on the Tundra, and it helps out alot, particularly while towing. The AAL helps reduce the sensitivity to tongue weight as well.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts