TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is a bad time for everybody, because so many trail runs and special events are in the works, but I think it would be awesome to get a few people together to throw some balls around and maybe some batting practice. Maybe after that, if there is enough interest, we can get a couple of half-ass teams together and play some softball some evening.

I'm not sure where to play, but I'm sure the city fields and parks are available sometimes in every front range town.

Who's interested?:D

·
Registered
724 Posts
Hell, I'm in.

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
I've never really played, but any chance to rib you guys??? I'm in!

·
7,735 Posts
Baseball? or softball?

I haven't even thought about that kind of public humiliation in a long time.. but I'd give it a go and see how bad I suck. I could use some exercise!

The Keg is still on second base right?

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Id be down...I havent played in years.

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
There's a pubic field and park 2 blocks from my house where league teams play all summer in the evenings. I could check on availability. So, is this the game with the Maori war club and small insects???

·
Registered
438 Posts
I suck, but i would be in.
x2 :) I'm generally down for getting my pasty-white butt outdoors and public humilliation do to lack of physical coordination. Sounds like it would be fun.

From everyone postings, I'd also suggest softball. I've even got a bat and glove!

·
Registered
13,296 Posts
Yeah softball is up my alley (Actually neither is but I hear being hit with a softball hurts less in theory!)

·
Registered
438 Posts
It probably hurts less because they tend to travel slower than baseballs, but a softball would leave one heluva bruise/mark/welt when you do get hit! :(

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK, so we have some participants! I think initially Denver would make a good rally point, or maybe somewhere farther North. I was kind of hoping somebody would know a place, but we can figure this out.
Before we get serious, if we could just get together somewhere and throw the ball around it would be a good start. Let us know if you find anything out Eric. I was also thinking about Martinez Park in Ft Collins or the city facilities in Loveland, which I'll look into.
But I'm super stoked to see so much interest...

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
OK, so we have some participants! I think initially Denver would make a good rally point, or maybe somewhere farther North. I was kind of hoping somebody would know a place, but we can figure this out.
Before we get serious, if we could just get together somewhere and throw the ball around it would be a good start. Let us know if you find anything out Eric. I was also thinking about Martinez Park in Ft Collins or the city facilities in Loveland, which I'll look into.
But I'm super stoked to see so much interest...
I'll check it out :) Looks like $39/hour to use the field by my house since its maintained by the City of Denver. Need to be an organization, do an application, waiver, etc. Non-profits are less...

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm working to learn more about local field use. Loveland is real strict on the fees per person and the playing rosters....but we're not looking for league play, we're just looking for casual, half ass beer-fueled softball.

I'll keep researching it. I'm open to suggestions.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts