TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Turns out 2 big boys don't fit in a reg cab toyota :D Gonna do a quasi build thread for our temporary ECORS rig. This rig is a fill-in until our ECORS team finishes thrashing on our tube chassis Twin Traction Beam Bronco.

Specs:
22re
5 Speed
Forward Shift Case w/4.7 gears
4.10s
Aussie Locked f/r
34 LTBs

Our goal is to attend all the ECORS races with the toy until the Bronco is finished just to collect points towards the championship.

As of now, we have done a full service on the truck with synthetic fluids from front to rear courtesy of Jax Lubrication. We pulled out some Corbeaus we had laying around to test fit in the truck and well they didn't fit. Fast forward to no roof and the back of the cab cut out... the wide baja ss's now fit comfortably. Plan now is to use a exo off our old v8 truggy to meet the minimum 6 point roll cage standard which will be tied to some new rock bars. One of our current dilemmas is do we use the low range gears in the case and retain the ability to crawl or do we swap to a stock case with a little more gear flexibility?

Things to address before our first race:
Winch
Front Bumper
Fender Bars
Mount 5 point harnesses
Mount the cage
Build sliders

First race is less than a month away :eek:

Oh yea if we can squeeze it in... a leaf spring SAS

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Good luck! 34s = B class? I hear competition in B class will be very tough this year. I'll try to come say 'hey' at The Flats

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We qualify as A Class under the 2012 rules. Locked front and rear and up to 35" tires. Leaf sprung SAS on any vehicle still qualify as A Class.

·
Registered
743 Posts
ECORS rig

One of our current dilemmas is do we use the low range gears in the case and retain the ability to crawl or do we swap to a stock case with a little more gear flexibility?
To address your question..

In 2010 and 2011 when competing in both ECORS and WEROCK we would swap t-case out between races... Raced ECORS with a stock low-range case and Competed WEROCK with 4.7 low range case. Worked out perfect. Mid 2011 season we did a tranny and tcase swap to duals as swapping started getting old. Marlin G52HD and Dual ultimate cases.

Bottom line.. you will prefer the stock low-range for ECORS :D (hopefully not givin away any secrets :D)

I'm just about to start pre-season tear down. (if anybody wants to help out, come on by) :xbeer3::xbeer3:
and food on me.

I will offer my pits, usually have enough spare parts to build another yota, but typically dont have more than myself and co-driver there. Definitely could use some extra hands.

Glad to see more racers out there...Let me know what I can do, I would be glad to help out anyway I can.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bottom line.. you will prefer the stock low-range for ECORS :D (hopefully not givin away any secrets :D)

I'm just about to start pre-season tear down. (if anybody wants to help out, come on by) :xbeer3::xbeer3:
and food on me.

I will offer my pits, usually have enough spare parts to build another yota, but typically dont have more than myself and co-driver there. Definitely could use some extra hands.

Glad to see more racers out there...Let me know what I can do, I would be glad to help out anyway I can.
We loosely associate with Team Robby Bobby (one of our co-drivers is a good friend of Roger's and we were his pit crew at Windrock) but we will be more than willing to lend a hand to anyone in need or with usable spare parts :D Thanks for your thoughts on the t-case I owe you a :xbeer3: for saving us some headaches... We were planning on taking both cases and pre-running with each... :eek:

·
Registered
743 Posts
I usually try to hit some of the close races (flats, DPG). Ill be sure to look out for yall. I dont mind helping in the pits.
Awesome. Come stop by for sure. I can put a radio in your ear. :)

·
Registered
743 Posts
We loosely associate with Team Robby Bobby (one of our co-drivers is a good friend of Roger's and we were his pit crew at Windrock) but we will be more than willing to lend a hand to anyone in need or with usable spare parts :D Thanks for your thoughts on the t-case I owe you a :xbeer3: for saving us some headaches... We were planning on taking both cases and pre-running with each... :eek:
Sounds good. Let me know if you need anything, I should have a stock forward case around here as well.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Got the sliders :welder: on the truck and started :saw: up the old cage. Building new A pillars that will tie into fender bars and the front bumper. With the seats mounted and wearing helmets we have 4-5" of headroom. By ECORS rules we are only required to have 3" so the old cage is working out quite well :xpimp:. We plan on running tube work into the bed to provide mounting points for our toolbox and 2 spare tires.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
With last weeks tornados we lost some needed build time. The tornado that went through our area touched down less than 1/4 mile from the shop and we were without power for 2 days but we thrashed when the power came back on and got the following things done:

Tires swapped
Cage finished
Power tank mounted
hilift mounted
spare mounted
seats mounted
horn repaired

still need to build a winch plate/bumper and wire up our winch. Almost time to go racing. Come out and see us at the Flats!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Its done!

Got everything but the toolbox mounted and slapping some door bars on it. Did a lil bit of late night ripping through the woods and she did great. We ran our rock crawling trail at speed and its narrow and technical so we feel pretty good about our chances with traffic and trees! We even managed to mount a rearview mirror to the cage, thats a luxury that we never have with our rock crawlers.

·
Registered
710 Posts
I'm so jealous. I wanna race!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
looking good... see you there. What is your ETA? We should be pulling in early Friday afternoon. Anything you may need?
We are probably gonna arrive when they open the gates. We are chomping at the bit to get racing! If you have a spare CV shaft that would be nice as we are completely tapped out on those and one that we are running has not boot :(

·
Registered
743 Posts
We are probably gonna arrive when they open the gates. We are chomping at the bit to get racing! If you have a spare CV shaft that would be nice as we are completely tapped out on those and one that we are running has not boot :(
I'll run out back and pull one or two for ya.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Caught on fire - check
Blown motor - check
Slowest truck on the track - check
Jumping a Toyota - freakin sweet!

But we finished! Which seemed to surprise some of our competitors

Thanks zman2day for the pit support!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts