TTORA Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at the powertrax and the detroit's.... I'm CB'd, wanna get the front and rear locked and try some stock size mud terrains and see how she does....

I climbed under, the rear doesnt look hard, once you pull the 3rd member I can work on it on the tailgate and toss it back under there. The front is what worries me, I can barely see the damn thing from under the truck.

I need a garage, some helping hands, I will supply plenty of beer. I'll be out there with you guys next trip out whereever it will be lol.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Cruznlife1 said:
Looking at the powertrax and the detroit's.... I'm CB'd, wanna get the front and rear locked and try some stock size mud terrains and see how she does....

I climbed under, the rear doesnt look hard, once you pull the 3rd member I can work on it on the tailgate and toss it back under there. The front is what worries me, I can barely see the damn thing from under the truck.

I need a garage, some helping hands, I will supply plenty of beer. I'll be out there with you guys next trip out whereever it will be lol.
I'd be more than willing to help you install a lockrite in the rear(never done the front) but can't help you with a Detroit as they require resetting gears which really should be done by a quilified(sp?) gear tech.
Edit: Hey I was down your end today getting a package for my son out of truck 406.Come down and say hi tommorow 700 belt slot 715 :)

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I'm gonna do the rear for sure, no doubt. it's the front that I'm not so sure about. Especially with the automatic hubs, dont they still turn the axle shafts but just disconnect the front driveshaft or what ? Even in 2wd does it disengage the front axles from the diff ? Wouldnt want anything but open in the front if it doesnt disengage axles. I just need a place to do it, as I dont have a garage or many tools here. All my tools, welder, etc. is all at my parents house and I'd rather not do it there lol.

Yeah and you missed it, skip, I parked next to you at work today lol

But I beat you both out this afternoon. If you were backed in it would be the perfect pic haha, Yeah I'll come say hi tomorrow.

·
Registered
963 Posts
You know how right you are, 1 hour 45 min with the rear (6 hands). The front? 4 hours? My house, I needed a reason to buy more tools :D

On the other post Anthony said he would supply the beer :D we pop the top after the work is done.

Skip, you and I need to learn how to set-up gears, that way we can do the ARB's on my rig. I would rather pad your pocket then someone I don't know.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Anthony,
Do a qiuck search on the National board, use keyword "LockRight" there you will find info about locking the ADD front. You may just want to stick with the rear, it works unbelievable.
Skip too will soon see the light :)

·
Registered
626 Posts
Hey guys,

The lunch box type lockers are fine for the add because when there is no pressure from the driveshaft, the locker will not engauge. You'll be good to go. The weak link with an add truck that is locked front and rear is front ring gear. I don't think that will be a problem until you get to a 37"+ tire size.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Neil426 said:
Hey guys,

The lunch box type lockers are fine for the add because when there is no pressure from the driveshaft, the locker will not engauge. You'll be good to go. The weak link with an add truck that is locked front and rear is front ring gear. I don't think that will be a problem until you get to a 37"+ tire size.
Neil,
I could be wrong and correct me if I am , but when Chaz & I installed his lock-rite it appeared to be designed to stay locked all the time until pressure was applied when turning corners. The small springs would allow the teeth on the side gears to slip(also causing that chatter noise everyone talks about). I understand about no front driveshaft pressure but what about steering?With ADD isn't everyting else inside turning? I've never seen the inside of an ADD front.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts