TTORA Forum banner

121 - 140 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
I see a lot of decked out tactical weapons on here. Are you guys current or prior military or LE or something? Or do you just like that sort of thing? I just don't see a lot of "normal" weapons on here. It looks like everyone on here has something with lasers and rail systems and supressors on it, lol.

·
Registered
821 Posts
had two Kimbers. Sold them both, and to date they are the only guns I've ever sold. Wilson and nighthawk are in a whole 'nother league imo, and if I buy another 1911 to complement my Sig it would most likely be one of those.

I just don't see a lot of "normal" weapons on here
Tactical weapons ARE normal. :D But in all seriousness, I own guns from the fuddy to the fancy. However, if I were to post pics of a Winchester model 70 in 30-06 vs a BCM Jack, I've got a good idea of which would get the oohs and ahhs, even if it were a pre-64 70 wearing a $2000 Swarovski.

I'm neither mil or LE but I have to say, look throughout history at what types of weapons get bought, and firearms that have served successfully in the military always rank high on the list. M1a, Ar-15, Garand, M-1 Carbine, 1911, M-9, BAR, 1903 Springfield etc being a few from the last century. And from a collectors standpoint I'd love to have one of each of those, but I think reliability, availability, familiarity (for those that served with them) and the "cool" factor all play a part as well.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
What gun/sight?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
853 Posts
Picked up a Winchester 84 in 30-30 for the woman a few months back. Nothing else going in in the world of guns right now. Although I got to shoot my dads 6.5 Grendel AR. Wonderful round

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #128
Picked up a Winchester 84 in 30-30 for the woman a few months back. Nothing else going in in the world of guns right now. Although I got to shoot my dads 6.5 Grendel AR. Wonderful round
Nice!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
853 Posts
A very good friend of mine gave me a Remington 700 ADL in .308, for my birthday. Has a 12-60x56 Tasco Custom Shop optic on it. Not big on the scope, gonna look at a Redfield or a Leupold for it.

·
Registered
523 Posts
That was good times that day

·
Registered
556 Posts
I bought Dan(Orange Crusher) this for Christmas:

It is a Mossberg 500 with pistol grip kit and a door breach barrel, 12 gauge.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #135
Nice

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
This is how my 870 is setup.

121 - 140 of 150 Posts
About this Discussion
149 Replies
28 Participants
kalmah
TTORA Forum
TTORA forum is the best Toyota off-road club around. We are nation wide with chapters in most states. Come in and discuss Tacoma, 4Runner, Highlander, & TRD models.
Full Forum Listing