TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK so as some know I put a SuperCharge on a little bit ago and I wanted to make sure all was running ok so I hook a wideband up to see what the fuel air ratios where at and all seems fine. So why do I continually here on this board if you don't do fuel upgrades your running to lean. Oh and yes I know 14.7:1 air to fuel is ideal. Most of the time mine seem to run right at 14.4-6.
There is some minor dead spots when coming up on boost....I thought they may have been lean spots but the wide band didn't show that to be. I'm guessing for a SC motor that things need to be a little richer? but is it really doing harm running at ideal? :confused:

Thanks,
TBob

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
haha 14.7 is what you want with no boost. 14.7 is way too lean under boost, you want to be in the 11s at wot

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ahhhh so that is the issue. This is only under WOT? what is I guy just rolls into it?

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
TBob said:
ahhhh so that is the issue. This is only under WOT? what is I guy just rolls into it?
14.7 is too lean under boost period

fuel it or lose it

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
seems pretty easy to install & get tuned

·
Eats Own Boogers
1,489 Posts
When your truck is/was N/A and you punch the throttle, it goes into Open Loop and says to hell with 14.7. I think it goes to about 11 or so. It may still do this with the S/C up to a certain RPM, but won't last as the R's get toward redline. The stock fuel pump can't maintain the required pressure either. Read Gadget's site.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
You are kidding right? You're not really gonna make me tell you to search like you're some kind of a fuckin noob are you? I'll be out there in person in about 10 days ya know. I just might have to kick your ass after all. LOL

·
Eats Own Boogers
1,489 Posts
Dick Foster said:
You are kidding right? You're not really gonna make me tell you to search like you're some kind of a fuckin noob are you? I'll be out there in person in about 10 days ya know. I just might have to kick your ass after all. LOL
Ya gonna post pics too?;)

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yea yea.... I don't need to search I know what everyone says but I didn't find where someone had checked their Fuel air witrh just the SC. that why I asked. Though 14.7 would be fine- now I know it's not. Guess I'm gona order the injector kit from URD. I was gone fuck with u and tell ya I was gona order the 7th injector kit but I'm feeling nice today. Oh and don't forget to bring some pain pills for AZRocks you'll need em after I get done kicking your ass!

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
FU I'm not gonna give something like that away for free. I keep tellin people I'm just crazy but I'm not stupid. I'll be opening a Paypal account just to take in all the money.

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
I know what it is. You're an attention whore and you want to be told special that's all. So here. You need to do the fucking fuel mods or you'll fuck up your engine. So now you've been told. Happy now, fuckstick?

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea I'm happy now! :flipoff3:
I'd hate to see what I'll be called when I reach 9k + in post... :dunno:

·
Premium Member
12,934 Posts
Hey it takes a lot of posts to keep all of you fuckers going in a straight line. Especially when everything has to be repeated individually to all of you attention whores out there. LOL

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, I dynoed mine today with the blower, deck plate, and K&N....no fuel mods. I have the 7th injector kit on the way. All dyno numbers are SAE....none of that STD crap.

It was 142Hp and 178Tq stock.
Today was 197Hp and 217Tq with the blower.

SCARY lean up top, at 5500 it was heading north of 15.5. Very obvious the set-up is very short on fuel. The only prep i did was go 2 steps down on the plugs but that was it. Needless to say I will not be running the truck hard until the kit gets here and I get my tuning done.

·
Eats Own Boogers
1,489 Posts
Dick Foster said:
Hey it takes a lot of posts to keep all of you fuckers going in a straight line. Especially when everything has to be repeated individually to all of you attention whores out there. LOL
You're like a father to us all....just don't get too close to the top of the staircase, we're looking to collect our inheritance.:p

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
good info my current set-up is the exact same as yours. Although I didn't see the high air to fuel ratio at wot. Mine seems to stay at 14.5-7 to 1, still too lean.

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
The high RPM lean out problem will usually start to show its self as you pass through 4000 RPM at full throttle. From that point it will usually get leaner as the RPMs increase.

I tested an 04 Double Cab recently and it was hitting 16:1 AFR at full RPM and throttle.

He is now at very safe levels with our new URD 7th injector system.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts