TTORA Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i keep blowing EFI fuses and con't figure out what is either going bad or shorting out. nothing is burnt or cut.

·
Registered
449 Posts
i keep blowing EFI fuses and con't figure out what is either going bad or shorting out. nothing is burnt or cut.
I looked into this for somebody a while ago. The cause almost every time was that the O2 wire was melted on the exhaust. I know you said nothing is burnt or cut but I thought I'd pass that along in case it deserves a closer look.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if youa re blowing EFI fuses.....something IS shorted
i appriciate the help but, no sh*t.
the one thing i am gonna look into further is grounds, specificly the one's connected to the engine. and yes i looked at the O2's and nothing is melted.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea, i've looked all over and can't find anything and i've heard a bad ground will cause voltage spikes. i can't find the link to the wire diagram, and right now i am fighting with my son so i will look later.

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Go get yourself a FSM... and start troubleshooting. You obviously have a short somewhere. it's very difficult to troubleshoot from thousands of miles away. Find out where that circuit feeds the +12VDC and go from there. You can measure the resistance of each circuit. When you read 0(ish) Ohms, Then you are on the right track.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts