31,844 Posts

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
and then there's rotating the knuckles...:rolleyes:

How many of these 'cheap sas' threads have been started since swaps first began? :lmao:
I think another question would be; how many of the cheap SAS trucks have been finished? And how nice are they? How do they drive? Do they actually work offroad or are they piles of dung?

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have done a few older toyotas and it did not cost much i plan on doing my tacoma for around 500 why do all of yall say it camt be done
Sorry, late to the game here...

The answer to that question lies in your zip code. Here on the west coast we need trucks that run around in the rocks. Mostly they are big rocks. Out there on the east coast (or the south) you have mud. All you need for mud wheeling is lift, tires and HP so the quality of the design doesn't matter so much.

The devil is in the details.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Waiting....waiting...

·
Registered
337 Posts
Still fuckin' waitin'.... :lmao:

·
Registered
76 Posts
Most every part you listed can be fabed or I already have it. So I'm still on budget. If I go over it won't be close to the thousands alot of y'all say it will .
well its cheap when you already have stuff sitting around the yard for years and years, you cant just get on here and say its going to cost 5 bills to do a SAS, cause not everybody has doner cars, or fab shops, etc. I can say that swapping my transmission is going to be a few buck and troll everyone here but because i already got a spare transmission in my garage. Now post up the list of parts you got, but post what you got for free and cheap, and then post up how much that part actually cost in the market, what i know is if your going for quality i know right out of hand there's no such thing as 100 or 200 dollar quality coil overs, and if you dont want to agree with me. then can i take my truck to you and can you do my truck for 5 bills. not everybody can afford keeping junk in there house, and i say junk cause when its not in use its junk, but ya not anybody can do that. but good luck with the build.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
I have done a few older Toyotas and it did not cost much. I plan on doing my Tacoma for around $500; why do all of y'all say it can't be done?
Because it can't. :rolleyes:

Did 4 Wheel Parts quote you that? Like Trokita said, of course it'll cost less if you already have a ton of parts lying around to use, if you can fab stuff yourself, if you can cut/weld/have your own shop space to work in... all of that adds fast if you don't. What does a welding shop charge per hour for fab work in your area? A shop near me wants $120/hour to TIG mild steel and the prices go up from there. I think their MIG rate is $80/hour but still, that'll add up FAST.

There will always be surprises in any build that add to the cost, no matter how well you plan or how carefully work is done.

At any rate, good luck with the swap. :welder: I'm thinking a Taco will be my next build; double-cab with SAS as well.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
AND we're waiting....

·
Registered
311 Posts
Dark Humor

Where do you normally go to mud bog? The Everglades? Maybe the "gators" got him.:eek::D

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
201 - 220 of 309 Posts