TTORA Forum banner

41 - 60 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
3,900 Posts

·
Web Wheeler
809 Posts
Im just gonna do the swap and post it im sure someone will have something bad to say about it but it will be a dd that can and will be off road all the and not break how do i post a pic here
Thanks the truck is buildable i will post a build for this im not trying to build a show truck but im not going to build junk either as far as driving it on the road i plan on that also but its not going to be a dd and having most of the parts already should save me a ton
Well, which is it?:confused:

·
Registered
84 Posts

Around 3k including the price of the Tacoma itself. Took me a couple months to build and it's not all done yet but Tacomas can be done on a budget you just gotta get lucky ;)

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
that truck is a pile of shit. i can tell by looking at the exhaust. if that was done to look that bad the rest of the truck has to be a complete hack

also diggin it cause its 2WD

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
Dude are u serious, we snap stock Yota axles with a 1.6 tracker motor!
:eek:
My 1.3 Samurai (72 ft/lbs) with all gears accounted for, puts 8700+ ft/lbs to the axle shafts; significantly more than the ~2000 the V-8 the OP referred to. Mud trucks use tire speed, not gear reduction. The slippage of the tire in the mud will keep the axle alive. A two-second burnout on pavement would probably damage something. IMO you can run higher torque at higher speeds as the gear teeth aren't individually carrying the load for the same time period.

Also, the more you know, the less you can get away with :cool: or vice-versa :eek:

It was never said or inferred as to roadability. QUOTE]

sure about that?
Nope. :D

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
i sased my 86 pickup fairly cheap. cut everything off a donor truck that was already fixed up.
well no shit that 86 has the same frame and components as a stock solid axle truck. fuckin people dont get it that tacomas and 3rd gen and up runners are alot more involved.

·
Registered
84 Posts
well no shit that 86 has the same frame and components as a stock solid axle truck. fuckin people dont get it that tacomas and 3rd gen and up runners are alot more involved.
That's true WAY more involved. And the fact that mine started as your normal 2wd Tacoma too was even worse...tranny swap, duals w/ 4.7, custom crossmember, custom 3 link, everything was built exclusively for this truck however there are kits available but the price is hefty. The only cheapish way to do a Tacoma is leaf sprung ford/waggy 44 or build a 2wd taco.

·
Registered
84 Posts
that truck is a pile of shit. i can tell by looking at the exhaust. if that was done to look that bad the rest of the truck has to be a complete hack

also diggin it cause its 2WD
And as for you douchebag, I said it wasn't done yet. Meaning driveshafts and exhaust and some other little things and it's not even on the road yet. I'm trying to help other people out by telling them it's possible and being optimistic and then you have to go around and shut everyone down. Keep your negative comments to yourself...or take them to pirate

·
concussed
1,159 Posts
I have done a few older toyotas and it did not cost much i plan on doing my tacoma for around 500 why do all of yall say it camt be done
the simple answer is..tacomas are WAY different from the older PU's.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
They might be diff but its the same cut ifs of put sas back i thinks the steering is the bigest diff of the swap

·
Going John Galt
31,844 Posts
Im just gonna do the swap and post it im sure someone will have something bad to say about it but it will be a dd that can and will be off road all the and not break how do i post a pic here
what you don't seem to realize is that this has been attempted countless times both here and Pirate...and failed miserably each time. Good luck.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
Just cant wait to get to cutting i know parts arent cheap but all i need is an axle and shocks and drive shaft sure it might cost a little more but its not a 5000 swap with used parts and me doing the job

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
The swap is going to happen my front end is shot every part on it is bad thats way im doing the swap cause it will be cheaper then fixing my ifs

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
They might be diff but its the same cut ifs of put sas back i thinks the steering is the bigest diff of the swap

Tacoma Stuff is a lot more expensive than the 79-95 Toyota truck stuff.

Dude, you can SAS anything for 500, but what everyone is trying to tell you is this; It take time, money, and skill to do it right. Look at some build threads here, Pirate, Yotatech, and any other forum you can find. People do things the same way not only because its easy to copy someone else but because it proven to work!

For 500 you can find an old beat up 1st gen truck and that is already SAS'd and use your fab skills making it better!

In the end its up to you, If you find a way to build a kick ass SAS'd Tacoma for $500 you will be a hero to thousands of hillbilly's across the globe...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I have built a bunch of the first gen so many from start to finish i can do them in a day sas i do see theres more fab to the tacoma but my last sas was a 2000 s 10 2x4 they dont even make a kit for that swap i put full size chevy under it on 18.5 44 swampers and built it in two weeks i will post pic

41 - 60 of 309 Posts