TTORA Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So every time i work on my runner, it fights back. Tonight i wanted to change the front pads, before we took a trail ride tomorrow. As always, things started out real smooth. I got the passenger side done in a short time, and moved over to the driver side. I get the drivers wheel off, move the pistons back slowly, and pull the pads. once the pads are out, i slowly begin to get the pistons all the way back in the caliper, when one of them makes a loud pop, and pushes all the way out and wont go back in. Of course the runner is half in and half out of the garage, so i cant leave it this way all night. I decide to just pull the caliper, take it apart, and see if i can make a quick repair for the night. NOPE the bolt that holds the caliper in place is stripped and rusted in place. I put it back together for now, and slowly backed it into the driveway, to take another go at it tomorrow.

end rant.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
You must have my truck. Or, my luck:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
You must have my truck. Or, my luck:rolleyes:
Same here, I've been having trouble with my 4Runner for a few months now... screw something up while fixing another, one project takes forever because of non-compliance studs, now it won't start after sitting for about 3 months :rolleyes:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts