TTORA Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We started our refi Jan 15th. Still not done. We locked and and payed a deposit to lock the rate at 4.75. Loan got approved. But they could never get the closing date. They just kept putting it off, blaming everthing from the title company to themselves for the delays. Eventually the lock expired and was relocked. Now it is August and we still have not got it done.

Asked for my money back and the loan agent said that he would submit a request. A request???? They dropped the ball!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, our loan is currently held by Well Fargo. We made extra payments to get the principle down. The house is worth more than the loan...the loan was approved.

Anyone else have a similar experience?:mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
We started our refi Jan 15th. Still not done. We locked and and payed a deposit to lock the rate at 4.75. Loan got approved. But they could never get the closing date. They just kept putting it off, blaming everthing from the title company to themselves for the delays. Eventually the lock expired and was relocked. Now it is August and we still have not got it done.

Asked for my money back and the loan agent said that he would submit a request. A request???? They dropped the ball!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW, our loan is currently held by Well Fargo. We made extra payments to get the principle down. The house is worth more than the loan...the loan was approved.

Anyone else have a similar experience?:mad::mad::mad:
No...not yet...been thinking about trying tho, and the current round of market scams has me holding steady with the current rate, which certainly isn't bad. They've been getting hit hard lately by people running up their credit cards to appear as tho they deserve a handout...and they're still in "gotta have perfect credit to get a low rate" mode, so they're all fucked up at the moment.

I'm about ready to write a letter saying "I'm a low-risk, reliable customer, therefore I deserve a decent rate, and screw all those other fawkheads."

Dunno how well it would work.

·
Registered
600 Posts
I don't think Bank of America would be any better. lol

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
They are worthless pricks. Had furniture financed through them and they never sent bills, then tacked on late fees, and harrassive continuous phone calls. Just the thought of them makes me want to castrate them with a blowtorch.:mad:

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yep Wells Fargo blows big time. Ive banked with them since 2001 and switching to Bellco, where my wife banks! Im tired of Wells sending me $50 finance charges EVERY month on my credit card.....FUCK THEM!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeh, I'm pulling my savings, checking and will refi with a different company. I thought about writing my congressperson...not that they care, but they will do anything for good press. Maybe they will get WF to give us the loan that they already approved us for.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
I've never heard of a good review about Wells Fargo Home financing. I know someone who figgured it out once, they said after all the extra fee's that they charge he paid an extra 20k over 10years. He doesn't have the loan through them anymore needless to say.

·
Registered
1,842 Posts
I closed my account there years ago when I went in to cash a check and they tried to charge me $5.00 even though I was a current account holder. I withdrew all my money and walked away.

I will never do business with them again.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well....I talked to the dork that we were working with, and he dropped the ball. We did not even know that the loan was ready to close back in the beginning of june. I got a hold of his boss, and told him that this guy wasn't incompetent and that you are only as good as your employees and that mad him incompetent...he hung up on my and refuses my calls...and they still have my $400. I did get a hold of some good folks, that have helped, there.

It's the institution.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Well....I talked to the dork that we were working with, and he dropped the ball. We did not even know that the loan was ready to close back in the beginning of june. I got a hold of his boss, and told him that this guy wasn't incompetent and that you are only as good as your employees and that mad him incompetent...he hung up on my and refuses my calls...and they still have my $400. I did get a hold of some good folks, that have helped, there.

It's the institution.
Report.

Dunno where to make said report...

But there may also be small claims court...can you do that? :confused: 400 bucks is 400 bucks.

...Tho personally I wouldn't have called his boss incompetent, and I would've gone in person...

·
7,735 Posts
I've banked with Wells Fargo since the late 90s. I've had my share of run-in's with them on some mistakes and associated fees. A couple of times, I'd call up and start ripping into the customer support and got a similar reaction.

The last time, I tried a different approach. I finally got a hold of a supervisor, explained the situation and pointed out that I've been with them for a very long time and was very upset with the situation. Approaching the customer service supervisor with some respect got me alot further along, she ended up reversing all charges (even a couple that I deserved).

I won't defend this bank. But I've been screwed at every bank (BofA was the worst)... this one seems to at least bring lube from time to time.

Good luck.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts

It's the institution.
Wow, dems some fine negotiatin' skills you got there!

Seriously - what options did you give him? What excuse to choose to do the right thing?

May I suggest you pick up a copy of this book at your local library?
http://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/0671723650

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow, dems some fine negotiatin' skills you got there!

Seriously - what options did you give him? What excuse to choose to do the right thing?

May I suggest you pick up a copy of this book at your local library?
http://www.amazon.com/How-Win-Friends-Influence-People/dp/0671723650

I told him if he would make it right and close it fast, I would go through with it.

At some point would you not think that time for negotiating is over? 8 months of pushing him to do his job. I think it is time to go elsewhere. I have go as high up the ladder as I can. They are very interested in resolving this...(they say...).

As mad as I get, I always leave everyone options...

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Doesn't sound like it to me ... from your description above, about the only option he had was prove you right "yep, and my incompetent ass doesn't know how to get you your $400 back".

There is always a higher rung on the ladder - if you've gone through the branch, then you need to find the regional guy, and then the corporate one ... I can tell you that every company has a certain level, where if that person hears from a customer (as in, all the people below haven't been able to resolve it) they can move heaven and earth.

The $400 was a filing fee, right? So, by them not filing, they have basically stolen your $400 haven't they?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Doesn't sound like it to me ... from your description above, about the only option he had was prove you right "yep, and my incompetent ass doesn't know how to get you your $400 back".

There is always a higher rung on the ladder - if you've gone through the branch, then you need to find the regional guy, and then the corporate one ... I can tell you that every company has a certain level, where if that person hears from a customer (as in, all the people below haven't been able to resolve it) they can move heaven and earth.

The $400 was a filing fee, right? So, by them not filing, they have basically stolen your $400 haven't they?
And that is where I am at.

Not sure what part of, "I told him if he would make it right and close it fast, I would go through with it." doesn't sound like "it" to you. To me that sounds like I am giving him the chance to follow through. DOesn't it????????????????

So, in that I have given him options and not backed him into a corner. No?????

I am at the executive level in the complaint level. (that is national level exec). The loan servicer is in my corner...fwiw and I have run just about everything past them before I make a call.

Not sure where you are coming from, as I have done everything you have suggested, though months ago.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Hey, I'm just providing advice of what it MIGHT be sounding like on the other side as an impartial observer.

It sounds like a threat to me - even if stated "backwards". So, the only option you've really left yourself is to execute what you threatened.

NOTE: Once you say "talk to my lawyer", they are pretty much out of options. They will have to wait to hear from your lawyer and the legal ramifications that may occur by ANY reposnse, no matter how helpful. This should be your dead last resort.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeh...no lawyer talk. I don't have time or money to pursue that route....diminishing returns. I'm just getting a hold of an Executive VP. They sddured me that this would work out. And that the guy who hung up on me would be calling to appologize. I told them that I appreciated the call and the help. We'll see what happens.

FWIW, I started this as being very polite, proffessional and accomodating and patient until a week ago.

I've done my part to make this work.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts