TTORA Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 89 pickup, and I'm trying to do my research so that I can best prepair myself when I attempt to make it a expo/LT rig. The only thing is that most of the shocks I look at don't make anything for my generation. Am I not looking in the right places, or am I just screwed? Also if anyone around here has pictures of my generation as a LT rig, or tips, I'd be greatfull.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Are you looking for SHOCKS or for COILOVERS?

Your truck has torsion bars, coilovers won't work without something like the Total Chaos GenII Caddy system.

Any shock with a post on top, bushing on bottom, in the right length will work.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Try OME, Billsteine or maybe skyjacker, procomp or Rancho. I bought OME's because they would let me use all the aditional travel of a 1 1/2" BJ spacer

·
Going John Galt
31,839 Posts
I've got an 89 pickup, and I'm trying to do my research so that I can best prepair myself when I attempt to make it a expo/LT rig. The only thing is that most of the shocks I look at don't make anything for my generation. Am I not looking in the right places, or am I just screwed? Also if anyone around here has pictures of my generation as a LT rig, or tips, I'd be greatfull.
all part of the "me generation"...me, I don't own an '89 so don't care...:p

jk

there are a lot more early Yota truck owners on Pirate than here, though.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are you looking for SHOCKS or for COILOVERS?

Your truck has torsion bars, coilovers won't work without something like the Total Chaos GenII Caddy system.
QUOTE]

That's the kit i'm planning on getting. Where can i find a check list of all the things I'll need? I saw that on the total chaos website a install guide, but I've yet to find a list of all the bull crap that's needed to build a sturdy rig.

·
Registered
15,034 Posts
Look here, race-dezert, etc. This is a big-time, custom modification that you need to be sure will do what you want it to.

We can't hold your hand and explain all the options, you're going to have to do some research.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts